Manager, Analytics, Patient Services - Access & Reimbursement
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people, and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology, and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
The Manager, Patient Services Analytics (A&R) will support the Patient Access, Affordability & Reimbursement team within Patient Services. This person will design, implement, manage, and effectively communicate the relevant analytics for the designated therapeutic area(s). This individual will inform financial plans for brands across the AbbVie portfolio with respect to Patient Access & Reimbursement resources. This individual will have high level interaction with Patient Services Management as well as brand partners and external vendors. The ability to influence decisions based on analytics and understanding of the business is critical to success.
Areas of focus will include the following Access & Reimbursement teams: Patient access (HUB Services, PA Support), Field Access Team (FAS and Complete Pro), and Patient Financial Resources (Bridge, Copay, and Other Cash/Coupon programs).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute the analytical plan for various components within the Patient Access & Reimbursement team
- Proactively identify changing business dynamics relevant for the Patient Services Access and Reimbursement organization
- Define and co-create analytical use cases and KPI tracking to ensure patient support programs are meeting the brand business objectives for optimal support of patients and health care professionals
- Identify and address key business issues relative to program execution and performance ensuring that multiple partners / stakeholder perspectives are considered; Integrate and synthesize all available information specific to the issue
- Leverage innovative, sophisticated analytic models that address critical issues but also meet key business criteria (e.g. cost, risk, business impact) and key technical criteria (e.g. reliability, validity, and predictability)
- Lead the analytic team, contractors, and external suppliers to increase and enhance the use of advanced modeling and analytic methods and produce results that fully leverage available data and analytics.
- Establish, Manage, and continuously improve various levels of reporting for program / contract evaluations as well as executive communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Statistics, Economics) required, with a concentration in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-7+ years of experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing data; including use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies.
- Strong understanding and prior experience with the development and implementation of at least one of the following: Co-Pay, HUB processes, Pharmacy workflow, Field Access Specialists and/or specialty pharmacy.
- Knowledge and understanding of pharma ecosystem and datasets including physician-level prescribing, institutional sales data, payer-prescriber-level data, formulary data, Rebates, Symphony claims, Copay claims.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to collaborate effectively with all corporate functions and senior management
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Divisional Vice Presidents.
- Command of the following software programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Experience with R, Python, SAS, SPPS and related statistical modules highly desired
- BI tool (Qlik/Tableau) and DB query language (SQL/HIVE/IMPALA) knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated project management skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.