Audit Data Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Audit Data/Business Analyst Job Description:
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This position will be responsible for assisting the Audit Data Analytics Manager through the AbbVie Internal Audit function in supporting the execution of an effective data analytics program. The Data Analyst will assist in the execution of the data analytic initiatives by creating, documenting, training, and partnering with the Finance, Compliance, and BTS audit teams and activities. As part of a data analytics audit process, this position will assist in the identification and assessment of gaps in the internal processes through the use of analytics, reporting, and dashboard visualizations. The role is responsible for capturing, implementing, reporting, analyzing and managing all required data used in the course of audits throughout the year.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Maintain in depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the AbbVie Internal Audit data analytics program. Provides support for creating, monitoring, documenting and providing recommendations on the audit analytics within each functional team. Performs monitoring tasks, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing, evidence, and documenting processes and procedures. Compiles and analyzes information in order to assist audit planning and fieldwork sampling of transactions performed by the audit team. As part of analytics creation, development includes the appropriate comparison between amounts recorded and analytics included for such analysts by checking amounts, reviewing details, and reconciling figures. Identify any inconsistency and analyze data so that it can be accurately documented. Investigate and correct errors in logic or data sources. Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings. Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability. Develops solutions to problems where casual relationships can be identified and precedents exist. Work with data review and correction for requests sent by audit team. Maintain constant and open communication with the functional audit teams. Support other team members, and management in strategic initiatives, as directed. Partners with business to analyze processes and needs, and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures. Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Accountability Accountable for accuracy and quality of data analytics within the audit team. Assure that the day to day operations and tasks are carried out in accordance with established policies and procedures. Position will receive guidance from Audit Data Analytics Manager. Position will receive project assignments with scope and goals defined.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with Data Analytics Manager to deliver Internal Audit Data Analytic key projects and improvements
- Participate in IA Data Analytics Governance Committee
- Provide input to roadmap for future analytic capabilities
- Identify functional opportunities within Finance, Compliance and BTS audit functions to better leverage analytics
- For prioritized opportunities:
- Lead documentation of key requirements for prioritized projects/changes
- Lead design and executing UAT to ensure dashboard are built per requirements
- Lead change management for new/ future dashboards including training
- Lead work program development/modifications to incorporate new analytic capabilities (will require assistance from broader IA team)
- Partner with Data Analytics Manager to document RACI for ongoing analytics responsibilities
- Consolidation of Data Analytic items from Post Audit Debrief meetings
- Prioritized list of Data Analytic projects/enhancement opportunities (living document) based upon governance committee feedback
- Delivery of prioritized agreed upon projects
- Detailed RACI document for on-going activities
- Assist with monthly Data Analytic Newsletter
Reporting and Timing
- Will report to Internal Audits Data Analytic Manager
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Systems, Computer Science, Business, Accounting, or Finance. Strong analytical skills Capable of handling multiple priorities Proficient PC software (Microsoft) and various database applications (Sql Server) Excellent verbal and written communication skills Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience: One to three years’ experience in AbbVies BTS or Finance roles. Reporting experience and documentation of processes. Knowledge of internal controls or compliance regulations preferred. Must be highly detail oriented and organized. Strong analytical skills and willingness to problem solve. Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels. Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes. Ability to proactively and creatively solve problems. Skills: Excel, SQL, MSFT Sql Server Management Studio, SAP , SAP Web Intelligence, SAP Business Objects, Qlik Sense, Qlikview, Dataiku, MSFT Office Suite. Background in accounting/finance, sales and marketing, or BTS a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.