Assoc Creative Director, Copy - Pacific Communications
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
A Creative Leader. You will direct a group of copywriters assigned specific brands, as they, with their counterparts in art, prepare promotional communications for the brands to which they are assigned consistent with the Agency’s mission, vision and values.
An example of excellence. You are responsible for the copy output of the group, for the professional growth of the copywriters, for reviewing their performance, and for the timely delivery of the finished product.
- Be responsible for the copy output of the group of brands you head. Assign brands to direct reports (copywriters) and reviews and assesses their performance. Supervise direct reports as they develop sound, original, creative solutions to a wide range of brand problems as they develop and maintain each brand’s competitive image. Review their work during its creation and before it is dispatched to the client, from concept through production. Manage copy group’s workload to maximize efficiency, thus assuring completion of work on time and on budget.
- Inspire and elevate the level of creative ability of the team. Sustains an ongoing effort to keep up-to-date on current developments in communications as they apply to the copy/creative department. Helps guide the professional and creative development and growth of copywriters through evaluation of creative standards by example and counsel. Works collaboratively and constructively with ACD/Art counterparts to the benefit of the brands for which they are responsible.
- Be responsible for being current and conversant with brands and competition. Is capable of leading, as well as participating in, a Brand Blueprint Session. Is expected to effectively present creative work both internally and externally. Participates in, and contributes to, shaping brand positioning and strategy with all other members of the brand teams within his/her group. You will be a key member of the agency new business as required
This position can be located in Irvine CA or remote work may be considered.
- Combined 4 years or more creative/supervisory copy experience, preferably in healthcare communications
- Creative experience within the classic full-service healthcare agency environment
- Four-year college education, or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably some course work in the communication arts
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.