AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Quality Control Lab Analyst
AbbVie is a global, research and development-based biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world's most complex and critical conditions. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world.
- Performs laboratory testing within a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)/Good Lab Practices (GLP) environment in support of one or more of the following areas: active pharmaceutical ingredients, raw materials, in-process product, finished product, stability, and/or validation.
- Interprets data output to determine conformance with product specifications and record results.
- Understands, implements, and maintains a safe work environment for themselves and others in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Has experience and command of multiple laboratory techniques, equipment, and instruments.
- Maintains training certificates as needed. Accepts responsibility for acquiring knowledge and experience to support continual personal development.
- Independently troubleshoots and resolves analytical techniques and instrument issues.
- Communicates proactively with supervisor and team members on frequent basis to ensure timely product release.
- Excellent problem-solving, written, and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
- Works to maintain a positive work environment and culture
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and project management skills
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, and integrity
- Bachelr’s degree or equivalent degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related field, with 2-4 years lab experience desired.
- Assciate’s Degree with at least 2 years of lab experience with at least 5 years of directly related lab experience.
- Minimum GPA f a 3.0 preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
** Candidates need to be available to work Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday – Thursday 3pm-11:30pm or 11:00pm-7:30am**
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.