Associate, Data Scientist I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a Associate Data Scientist l you will work as part of AbbVie’s Information Research RAIDERS team at the interface of cheminformatics, data analysis and machine learning. In this opportunity to learn and grow your skills, you will work under supervision of senior team members as part of a highly capable team helping to extract insights from chemistry data. You will apply your technical skills and experience with data preparation, transformation, and analysis as well as supervised machine learning and semi/unsupervised predictions to exciting projects aimed at helping or medicinal chemists across various teams in AbbVie making a remarkable impact on patients’ lives.
- Implement, transform and analyze appropriate data transformation activities
- Design and deploy models and solutions built around supervised machine learning approaches in Cheminformatics, ML in chemistry, discovery etc.
- Develop server-side programming components to support the delivery of solutions built on machine learning models
- Assist, with the definition of, integration, translation (mapping), migration, and conversion strategies for new and existing content and data sources, including robust change control and versioning procedures
- Research, evaluate, and recommend process improvements, including automated systems and enhanced models in support of activities in the Pharma Development space
- Expertise with developing, implementing and deploying ML and deep learning programs and computational solutions employing data science techniques
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, and AWS capabilities and tools
- Practical experience in a scientific discipline such as biology, pharmacology or related
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Chemistry, or equivalent education with experience in Data Science or related problem
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Passion for exploratory projects, including proof-of-concept and proof-of-value engagements, and an ability to guide those concepts into production solutions.
- Aggressive drive to self-educate and learn new technologies and approaches.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple groups within the organization.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.