Director - Global Process Lead, Record to Report
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This individual will lead the global business process function for Record to Report (RTR) and will play a key role in the direction, governance, risk management and performance of AbbVie’s worldwide business processes. The Global Process Lead (GPL) for RTR will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of AbbVie’s end-to-end global RTR processes. The GPL has overall responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the global operating model, including efficient and well-controlled operations across a matrix of internal and external organizations. Maintaining the integrity of our global operating model is key to protecting our investment in shared systems, common processes and leveraged work groups. The GPL is also accountable for driving continuous process improvement within RTR, as well as leveraging technology and shared resources.
- Deliver process efficiency and effectiveness within AbbVie’s business processes, working across functional domains. High level coordination with other GPLs regarding impact of their processes on the downstream RTR process.
- Drive standardization, simplification, alignment and optimization of global RTR processes, weighing impacts across all related business processes and support organizations. Benchmark standards to establish appropriate performance baselines.
- Achieve transparency and agility in our operations through enterprise-wide KPIs and volumetrics. Govern the end-to-end RTR process across expert functions.
- Deliver enhanced process performance and efficiency built on standard RTR processes as legal/regulatory, technical and business changes occur. Ensure user adoption by actively monitoring the various functional and geographical units according to performance measures and applicable controls.
- Provide governance and subject matter expertise for integrating RTR policy and operations across expert functions and delivery channels. Work directly with the Enterprise IT teams as the business owner of the RTR process area to provide overall business strategy, prioritize initiatives, sponsor process harmonization, and align technology support for business requirements.
- Address strategic requirements of RTR processes, ensuring resource and technology support for growth requirements and improvement strategies. Author, revise and approve all relevant process documentation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with RTR stakeholders. Will be supported by various enabling functions, i.e., Master Data, Training, Communication, Information Technology design.
- Ensure controls are effective in RTR processes.
- Implement business strategy with close coordination with other stakeholders (Tax, Treasury, COE accounting, internal and external reporting).
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent MBA/CPA preferred
- 15+ years of relevant experience in diverse global operating environments, and a strong understanding of how technology supports business activities
- 5+ years leading significant financial operations (i.e., large commercial affiliate, area or major operations organization)
- Demonstrated success in leading matrix activities in support of major projects or strategic initiatives, e.g., acquisitions, separation, plant builds, etc.
- Strong knowledge of governance structures with experience developing and implementing effective processes with appropriate levels of compliance across disparate organizations
- Extensive controls experience; able to translate into operational results
- Ability to think strategically and understand details of complex process implications across functional and geographic domains, and internal and external providers
- Credibility and capability to engage and influence senior leadership
- Effective communication and ability to direct work across functions and geographies
- Travel: 25%; includes international travel
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.