PD Scientist, Flow Cytometry
The PD Scientist, Flow Cytometry will perform flow cytometric staining of clinical and research grade material, perform preliminary analysis of results, and maintain additional laboratory/office duties. The right candidate will have the ability to interface with multiple groups, independently perform tasks, interpret results, troubleshoot. Additionally, when needed, this position will assist with training, assay transfer, and be amenable to flexibility in working hours.
- Receives specimen samples from peripheral blood and cultured cells for analysis.
- Determine cell concentration using automated cell counting devices.
- Setting up appropriate controls for both clinical and research samples.
- Staining of cells with monoclonal antibodies / antibody cocktails.
- Analyze controls and cells via Beckman Coulter Cytoflex flow cytometer and associated software.
- Independently perform laboratory tasks (testing and documentation). Responsible for following lab procedures on specimen processing and handling, testing, analyzing, reporting and maintaining complete and accurate records of all testing performed.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results.
- Assist with inventory management.
- Perform all aspects of flow cytometry testing and analysis, including: Calibrating instrumentation and lab equipment, setting up samples, fine-tuning gating techniques and preparing and maintaining reagents.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Assist in flow based analytical testing methods and the proper use of laboratory equipment.
- Capable of handling complex issues and solving problems with only general guidance.
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines.
- Complete necessary training to become a qualified trainer.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management, which may not be listed
- Hands-on experience using flow cytometry instrumentation and analysis software.
- Proficiency with multi-channel pipetting and small scale cell culture
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume work environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of multicolor flow cytometry and related bioassays
- Basic knowledge of cell therapy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of hands-on polychromatic (6-14 color) flow cytometry experience in a clinical or research flow cytometry laboratory.
- Ability to work independently in a high-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects.
- Familiarity with basic operations of various flow cytometers (BD Suite, Beckman Coulter, Sony, etc.) and associated software (proprietary and 3rd party including FlowJo and FCS Express).
- Familiarity with automated cell counting devices (eg Countess II, Vi-CELL BLU)
- Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), electronic laboratory notebook (ELN), associated documentation practices and CAP/CLIA standards.
Triumvira Immunologics is an immunotherapy company with the vision of developing novel T cell therapies that are safer and more efficacious than current cancer treatments, including chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and engineered T cell receptor (TCR) therapies. Our proprietary T cell Antigen Coupler (TAC) technology recruits the entire natural T cell receptor and is independent of the major histocompatibility complex (MHC), allowing for the development of better therapies for a broader range of patients with solid or liquid malignancies and also with diseases other than cancer.