Vice President, Financial Planning \u0026 Analysis
We're looking to hire a Vice President of Financial Planning, and Analysis to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. Our software platform continues to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials, and we leverage this platform to advance a pipeline of internal, wholly-owned drug discovery programs. We also license our software to leading biopharmaceutical and industrial companies, academic institutions, and government laboratories worldwide. As a senior leader of our Finance team, you'll report to the CFO and contribute directly to the strategic direction of our fast growing company. This position will be co-located with the CFO and the executive team in the corporate headquarters in New York City. You'll travel as needed to Portland, Oregon, where most of the finance team is based.
Who will love this job:
- An effective communicator who's comfortable working with all members of the organization, including senior leadership and the Board
- A strategic thinker who can synthesize complex data and analyses into cohesive and accessible themes
- A resourceful and creative problem-solver who anticipates business needs
- An ethical businessperson who has sound judgement
What you'll do:
- Lead Schrödinger's financial planning, analysis and evaluation activities
- Oversee a group of finance professionals
- Collaborate with key executives across the organization to shape and support our strategic and financial planning efforts, which include development of annual and long-range plans and forecasts to support strategic decisions, as well as communications with investors
- Partner with divisional leads to support planning, resourcing, and strategic execution across all areas of the company
- Lead the effort to model and forecast our drug discovery portfolio through clinical stages, partnering, and potential commercialization, as well as a growing software business with significant revenue
- Partner with divisional leads to help them forecast and effectively manage their businesses
- Present the company's financial outlook to the Board regularly
- Build the company's financial evaluation and analysis capabilities to support critical business development and internal investment decisions
What you should have:
- MBA in Finance (CPA a plus, but not required)
- At least twenty years of related public company experience
- Extensive background in pharma/biotech industries and a deep understanding of drug development and commercialization
- At least five years in a leadership position for FP&A or a related function
- At least three years in a financial evaluation role preferred
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for three years running.
We've been working remotely from across the world over the past year because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger's outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.