Associate Director, Global Medical Expert Engagement
Imagine\u2026 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives. This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
We use cutting-edge technology to turn promising gene therapies into proven treatments beginning with SMA but also focusing on Rett Syndrome and Friedreich's Ataxia. Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapies team.
The Associate Director, Global Medical Engagement, Congress Management, and Competitive Readiness is responsible for partnering with the Director, Global Medical Engagement, Congress Management, and Competitive Readiness to build strong relationships and a assists with creating the strategic plan with medical experts in Neurology, specifically the therapeutic areas of SMA, to position Novartis Gene Therapies as a leading company that external stakeholders trust and want to partner with for the long term.
- Assists working with multiple internal stakeholders for the sharing of key insights, strategies and plans in order for the teams and Novartis Gene Therapies to be viewed as "one coordinated team" in the eyes of the customer.
- Partners cross functionally and assists with the identification of areas for collaboration and efficiencies within Novartis Gene Therapies globally and at the regional level.
- Supports networking with internal stakeholders to ensure Medical Expert concerns/needs are addressed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Assists in the sharing of insights from Medical Experts with appropriate internal Novartis Gene Therapies stakeholders.
- Partners in collaborating with the patient advocacy team to develop relationships with key physician and patient organizations where appropriate.
- Helps to develop and leverage relationships across SMA, in order to establish Novartis Gene Therapies as a leading company within the rare neurology space.
- Assists in pursuing opportunities to involve Novartis Gene Therapies in meaningful programs with Medical Experts to ensure Novartis Gene Therapies is strategically and strongly positioned in the SMA and rare neurology markets.
- Researches new medical experts that could be developed into Novartis Gene Therapies or Product advocates.
- Continuously learns external customer's expertise & influence, competitive landscape and market changes/influencers.
- Assists in the Identification of medical experts for internal projects where outside expertise is needed to inform key business decisions for Novartis Gene Therapies.
- Partners to motivate Medical Expert Engagement Plan (MEEP) assignees to execute the plan and measure results.
- Manages the expert databases that house all intellectual intelligence and significant activities on top medical experts. Provide training for users, monitor usage, and participate in periodic audits with compliance.
- Maintains the MEEP so we can disperse our leaders strategically, to amplify our presence in SMA, uncover insights and opportunities in order to accelerate our goal and organization priorities.
- Brand Congress Co-Lead on a global basis (ICNMD, WMS, etc.) and partner with the regional Novartis Gene Therapies teams on their regional/local congresses.
- Conducts weekly or bi-weekly calls with commercial attendees to provide congress overview and to coordinate plans to avoid conflicts with other stakeholder teams.
- Co-Lead for Worldwide SMA meetings and Go to Launch meetings.
- Co-Lead and compliantly coordinate Medical Expert Engagement plans and events at Congresses with all internal Novartis Gene Therapies stakeholders.
- Provides feedback on IPS (Annual Strategy Plan) for budget needs respective to Medical engagement, congress management, and competitive intelligence/competitive insights.
- Manages Medical Expert logistics when they are involved with marketing projects to include: selection, consultant agreements, vendor management, and Advisory boards.
- Supports internal team in developing, gaining approvals and executing Novartis Gene Therapies compliant and congress compliant programs for Medical expert's attendance.
- Works with teams to schedule Executive Leaders Engagements and collaborate with Medical where appropriate.
- Captures insights post congress.
- Participates in Global Brand Team meetings.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree in Science and/or degree in business Marketing or Clinical Research with 8 years' operational marketing or medical education experience with focus on extensive product/brand management including customer facing/sales experience.
- SMA or rare neurological diseases therapeutic area experience is nice to have as well as launch experience in both global and local markets.
- Ability to manage medical congresses and work with societies to maximize Novartis Gene Therapies' presence at these meetings (Global and Regional).
- Flexibility - High level of interpersonal savvy, organizational agility, emotional intelligence and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated success leading cross functional teams.
- Contemporary view of key market trends impacting the business is integrated into overall planning.
- Ability to analyze and interpret amounts of complex market and financial data.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and engaging key customer groups and other important stakeholders to gain deep insights to evolve brand strategy and communication.
- Proven track record of taking initiative and operating in a pro-active manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative role, and independently when necessary.
- Professional marketing launch experience within pharma industry.
- Understanding of emerging technology to deliver the strategy.
- Healthcare professional customer facing experience (i.e. Medical or Sales).
- Languages: English fluent, additional language a plus.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.