Intellectual Property Analyst
Become an integral member of a small, busy, and collaborative team dedicated to supporting scientific research. The J. David Gladstone Institutes, a nonprofit biomedical research organization located in San Francisco, CA, is seeking a responsible, resourceful, and team-oriented individual to join its Intellectual Property & Legal Affairs Department as an Intellectual Property Analyst. (This position is full-time and can be fully remote.)
The IP Analyst will be mainly responsible for handling material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, and lab service agreements. The IP Analyst will also work on a variety of other projects in both leading and supporting roles, and provide various levels of support to the Department.
In addition to excellent communication, writing, and organization skills, the successful candidate will operate as an independent professional while embracing a team culture. This position requires the ability to: prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines; interface with various stakeholders; and exercise sound judgment.
Gladstone Perks & Benefits:
• People: work with talented, committed, and supportive teammates within an organization that values each member of its community.
• A meaningful place to grow and learn: whether it's your professional skills or scientific knowledge, we have the resources and environment to advance either so you can better support Gladstone's mission: to drive a new era of discovery in disease-oriented science and to mentor tomorrow's leaders in an inspiring and diverse environment.
• Healthy work/life balance: you are highly engaged and productive at work because you can have time to recharge and enjoy a vibrant life outside of work.
• Compensation: competitive salary and vacation.
• Excellent benefits: generous medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, and commuter benefits; access to free shuttle transportation.
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating legal agreements relating to scientific research, intellectual property, proprietary materials, and confidential information in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
• Acting as a Department liaison with scientists and administrators both internally and externally.
• Performing coordinative and administrative activities related to meeting and record-keeping.
• Professional-level verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including excellent grammar, proofreading, and editing skills.
• Detail-oriented self-starter who is resourceful and can, or quickly become able to, work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent organization and independent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Consistently uses good judgment, meets tight deadlines, and shows initiative.
• High level of professionalism and accountability.
• BA/BS degree. Scientific discipline a plus.
• At least 3 years of experience working in a professional, fast-paced office environment.
• Legal department, law firm, or scientific lab experience highly preferred.
• Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint for Mac computer and willingness to learn new software applications and systems as needed.
• Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Dropbox experience a plus.
Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.