HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.Undergrad Intern Process Development Drug / Process Development
LiveThis could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During these 10-12 weeks program (June 2021 to August 2021), you will have the opportunity to work closely with a multi-discipline team inside Process and Development supporting the Core Technologies team. The student will have the opportunity to support the performance improvements of critical processes in Amgen Manufacturing Limited using scientific concepts and tools. Under direct supervision:
- Introduces new or advanced technologies and/or concepts (equipment and process design)
- Lead, plan and execute experiments, studies, or a series of experiments / studies to advance projects or technologies
- Provides advanced data analysis and interpretation, assesses impact of the data on the project and implements recommendations
- Initiates productive collaborations within and outside of the department or company
- Advises or assists others in experimental design and/or interpretation/diagnosis of data and implementing innovative remedies
- Authors scientific reports, and summary documents
- Plans detailed procedures for defined projects, including timelines, achievements, methodological approaches, expected results and necessary resources
- Makes and communicates proactive decisions that contribute to the achievement of milestones
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The leader individual we seek is a hardworking and Fast Learner with these qualifications.
- Pursuing a bachelors degree in Bioengineering
- At Least 3.00 of GPA (General).
- Have completed at least 3 years of college education
- Be enrolled in School
- Be pursuing an applicable degree or course of study
- Video recording/editing software or tools
- Experience performing time studies and workforce models
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Well Prioritize
- Proficient in the following software: Excel, MS Power Point
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to workThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.