HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
The DH&I Data Science and Engineering (DSE) team is looking for a Data Scientist who is excited by the challenge of solving big data problems to drive business decisions and advance Amgens mission to serve patients using a wide array of modeling and quantitative techniques.
- Build supervised and unsupervised algorithms to provide meaningful insights across Amgens value chain (R&D, Commercial, Operations)
- Work closely with machine learning engineers to develop production code and deliver end-to-end solutions
- Transform ambiguous business questions into measurable and impactful projects
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams of biologists, clinical experts, doctors, and commercial leads
- Translate complex problems and solutions and provide actionable insight to executives
- Serve as technical lead on projects and mentor junior and experienced data scientists
- Help further build the team, including contributing ideas, establishing best practices, following trends in industry and academia
What we expect of youBasic Qualifications
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (MS, PhD, or equivalent experience)
- 3+ year of industry experience in quantitative analytics and applied data science
- Strong proficiency in Python or R
- Extensive experience building a variety of machine learning models
- Experience writing SQL queries, mining large and imbalanced datasets, using data visualization tools
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into simple business recommendations
- Excellent communicator able to write and speak about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences
- Experience working with healthcare data (e.g. electronic medical records, claims)
- Experience with distributed (Spark, Dask) and cloud (AWS, GCP) computing
- Experience with Git or similar version control tool
- Experience building deep learning models
- Full stack experience with building and deploying modeling pipelines
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.