Senior Associate Scientist - Pathology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Senior Associate Scientist - PathologyLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will help develop and implement specialized tissue-based assays (including multiplex assays and image analysis) to support specific portfolio related questions on target expression and preclinical model development.Responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of histopathology assays including single and multiplex immunohistochemistry (IHC) assays, in situ hybridization (ISH), both colorimetric and fluorescent, and use a variety of imaging modalities.
- Developing and performing image analysis.
- Collaborate with Pathologists, Scientists and Research Associates on multiple concurrent projects to evaluate and deliver data, contribute to early programs and assist with determining mechanism of action and toxicity.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to provide tissue-based assay development for target qualification, pharmacodynamic and efficacy readouts, and biomarker development.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years scientific experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in cellular biology, molecular biology or related field.
- Six or more years of experience in molecular pathology in an industry setting.
- Substantial hands-on experience in a variety of pathology-based methodologies including IHC, multiplex IHC, ISH, laser capture microdissection (LCM), immunofluorescence imaging, confocal microscopy and other advanced microscopy, digital pathology/image analysis, stereology, specialized tissue sectioning and histology procedures.
- Expertise in documentation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data generated from tissue-based target expression experiments with a variety of statistical approaches.
- Experience in successful representation of pathology projects at cross-functional team meetings.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment designed to promote frequent interaction and brainstorming.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.