Data Scientist - Attribute Science Data Engineering
The Attribute Sciences (AS) group within Process Development provides scientific and technical expertise to support the commercialization of Amgens pipeline. This group identifies and coordinates the achievement of product attributes toward quality target product profiles, develops and applies fit-for-purpose analytical methodologies.
The Attribute Sciences Data Engineering (ASDE) group within the AS function drives the end-to-end AS data strategy from lead candidate selection to the global commercial support. The group not only provides lab informatics, data engineering and data science support to the portfolio but also assess new technologies to improve the data integration and data usage for decision making.
The ASDE group is seeking a Data Scientist with expertise in lab informatics to join our team in either Thousand Oaks, CA or Cambridge, MA. This person will be expected to collaborate closely with the partner functions to provide digital and lab informatics solutions such as electronic lab workbook (holistic lab), product lifecycle management (PLM), chromatography data system (CDS) and reference ontology.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to optimize the lab informatics system and provide guidance on the end-to-end data integration.
- Innovate and identify new technologies with an aim of improving efficiency and reliability of the lab operations.
- Build strong collaborative relationships within the company
- Prior experience with lab informatics systems such as electronic lab workbook (holistic lab), product lifecycle management (PLM), chromatography data system (CDS) and reference ontology
- Basic understanding of the cGMP principles
- Advanced informatics or data science skills including computer programming.
- Basic understanding of analytical sciences (e.g. analytical method development, qualification)
- A track record of innovation as evidenced by patents and/or peer reviewed publications
Masters degree and 3 years of lab informatics experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of lab informatics experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of lab informatics experience
High School Diploma/GED and 12 years of lab informatics experience
PhD in life sciences, chemical/biochemical engineering, or a related discipline
4 or more years of relevant post-graduate work experience in an industrial environment
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.