Contract Manufacturing, Senior Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Contract Manufacturing, Senior Manager
What you will doLets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will oversee Amgen Contract Manufacturing (ACM) sites through executing activities according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) principles and the ACM business practices.Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional teams with clear accountability for performance and ensure the quality, cost, and delivery of products from Amgen's Contract Manufacturing sites are consistently met, as well as lead issue resolution, problem solving and serve as an escalation agent.
- Direct the identification, evaluation and selection of contract manufacturers as well as the planning and coordination of product transfers to contract sites.
- Manage budget development, monitoring and reporting; ensure cost of production targets are met; and actively oversee forecasting, capacity planning and project management.
- Ensure metrics are in place to measure, track the performance of the contract sites, and lead external or internal operating review meetings.
- Drive continuous improvement at contract manufacturing sites by building robust business processes and reliable relationships with contract site management, and working closely with internal quality, supply chain and process development organizations to ensure contract manufacturing sites are monitored and that corrective actions are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to ACM knowledge development including assessment of industry trends, technology advancement, and contract manufacturing landscape.
- Drive risk management, operations excellence, and other Operations initiatives.
- Travel 20%: Domestic and International
What we expect of you
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Manufacturing or Operations experienceOR
Masters degree and 6 years of Manufacturing or Operations experienceOR
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Manufacturing or Operations experienceOR
Associates degree and 10 years of Manufacturing or Operations experienceOR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic manufacturing professional we seek has the following qualifications:
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Engineering or Science
- 8+ years proven experience in protein, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Drug Substance, Drug Product, or packaging manufacturing environment
- 8+ years working knowledge of cGMP principles, FDA and other regulatory guidelines, and validation principles
- 5+ years demonstrated ability working with external parties and/or leading cross-functional teams for clinical and/or commercial products
- 3+ years of project management experience leading multi-functional and multi-location team
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.