Data Scientist - Technical Lead
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Data Scientist-Technical LeadLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support the digital transformation of Amgen Operations by using advanced analytics to characterize business performance in Operations, evaluate potential opportunities, and enable step change in business performance.
- End-to-end, hands-on technical leadership of engineering teams during product/solution development across front-end, back-end, and infrastructure
- Recruit and develop a team
- Mentor and support engineering teams through code reviews, software design, and ongoing direct management
- Partner with Product Owners to drive product/solution roadmap, feature prioritization, design, and outcome from wireframe to release
- Evaluate, decide, and implement new software that will improve our analytical tools and scale to meet our global needs
- Drive developer efficiency initiatives in ODS (e.g. User-interface Component Library, API Tooling, etc.), to deliver products to users faster through tooling, standardization, and reusability
- Partner with EDF Team to integrate semantic data layer into a unified services platform to support development of web-based ODS products/solutions
- Collaborate with business and enterprise IS leadership on engineering resourcing, technology roadmap, operating model, and product/solution vision
- Work closely with ODS leadership to build an engineering capability internally and evangelize ODS vision and successes externally
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is hardworking with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
Associates degree and 10 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experienceThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.