Specialist IS Bus Sys Analyst
Amgen is seeking a IS Technical Business Analyst to join the Research and Development IS team at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA!! The Analyst role will be dedicated to supporting the Global Clinical Development mission with the Next Generation Trial Execution Initiative (NGTE). NGTE aims to catalyze the adoption of innovation, increase the speed of clinical trial execution to bring our Innovative products to patients sooner by enabling data driven agile decision making. The Analyst will work closely with the business partners within Global Clinical Development and IS colleagues to develop, implement and advance the technical solutions to accelerate data driven insight generations for clinical study teams.Key responsibilities of the IS Analyst include:
- Drive the acceleration of digital transformation for Clinical Development in alignment with business and IS strategy.
- Partner with business users to develop business cases including scopes, roadmaps, and business outcomes to establish durable capability for clinical data integration.
- Lead requirements elicitation in close collaboration with Global Development users.
- Lead multi-functional teams comprising of business users, IS staff, and external expert partners to evaluate, identify and develop solutions using newest technologies to increase usage of clinical data assets, real world evidence and omics data to accelerate trial design, planning, and execution.
- Manage the execution with appropriate portfolio planning, financial, resource, vendor and risk management, leveraging agile approaches for flexible and nimble execution.
Masters degree and 3 years of IS experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of IS experience
Associates degree and 10 years of IS experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of IS experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Masters degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science or Engineering.
- 4+ years of Business Analysis experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Expertise in translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate/lead multiple projects/activities with competing priorities.
- Good communication, collaboration, teamwork, and negotiation skills
- Working experience with agile SDLC delivery methodology
- Experience with cloud technologies and big data platforms such as Apache Spark/Databricks
- Experience in using data and analytics to inform clinical trial design
- Knowledge of relevant industry data standards (e.g., CDISC SDTM,
- CDISC ADaM, HL7 BRIDG, OMOP)
- Experience working in a regulated environment
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.