Knowledge Management Specialist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Knowledge Management Specialist Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of our drug development Knowledge Management (KM) team. This team is passionate about developing creative solutions to help teams access knowledge that can inform key decisions throughout the drug development life cycle.
Working with colleagues across the organization, we look for opportunities to use data and technology alongside an understanding of business processes and human/interpersonal factors. Our solutions connect people to the stories, experiences, and other people, equipping them to ask better questions, of the right people as we collectively work to advance and develop important medicines through Amgens pipeline for our patients.
We are looking for a Knowledge Management Specialist to join our team as we build solutions and shape a culture of active learning and sharing for drug developers at Amgen. The ideal candidate will have had hands on experience with knowledge management practices/processes and a working knowledge of drug development and clinical trial design/execution.
If the following statements below describe you, we want to talk!
- Values and seeks the advice and input of others.
- A curious problem solver, known for connecting the dots and who appreciates the balance between culture, process, and technology when delivering solutions.
- Places an emphasis on user experience when designing solutions.
- Effectively communicates ideas in both written and oral communication to peer and executive stakeholders.
- Has a track record of solving problems while using sound judgment and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues and interdependencies.
- Able to lead, manage, and motivate others in a complex, multi-functional matrix environment.
- Knowledge Capture/Curation: promote and facilitate knowledge capture tactics to support discovery and re-use. Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to create shareable content using creative mediums where appropriate.
- Product Ownership: own the creation of a roadmap and delivery of features for one or more of our knowledge management solutions/services, while soliciting and acting on feedback from a cross-functional/global user base.
- Taxonomy Definition: identify topic areas and engage with experts across stakeholder groups to refine taxonomies relevant to drug development, utilizing semantic technologies to digitally represent them for use in systems.
- Initiatives: participate in cross-functional transformation initiatives, advising on and delivering knowledge management solutions that amplify the overall impact of the initiative.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The technical professional we seek is an emerging leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree or
- Masters degree and 2 years of Information Management experience or
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of Information Management experience or
- Associates degree and 10 years of Information Management experience or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Management experience
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Science or Information Management
- Previous experience working on a knowledge management team and/or the biopharma industry
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft Office 365 suite (specifically SharePoint)
- Familiarity with a programming language/databases
- Strong analytical competency
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.