Sr. Associate Tech Engineering
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
SR. ASSOCIATE TECH ENGINEERING
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support Inspection and Packaging and Solid Dosage Operations and will provide technical engineering support on all equipment automation/visual technology optimization strategies, upgrades, replacements, and modifications and ensure that all of the maintenance team operations and activities are maintained in compliance with respect to current corporate policies, industry standards, regulatory standards and FDA standards in a Non Standard Shift operation.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or restore manufacturing equipment automation and or Process Control Systems in compliance with all applicable industry standards, regulatory standards and FDA standards.
- Support the line owners, system owners and project teams in the implementation of changes in automation code and/or systems as part of change controls, CAPAs, work orders, preventive maintenance, etc.
- Provide technical assessments' automation related to deviations, change controls, validations and other type of investigations.
- Support the startup and validation of new systems and/or equipment automation systems.
- Review technical specification documents to ensure their inclusion of automation requirements/specifications per AML standards.
- Complete technical and safety training's per requirements of the job and organization as specified in training module.
- Assist the manufacturing plant during FDA and other regulatory agency inspections providing technical support and or assessments in response to the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Sr. Associate Tech Engineering professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Automation experience
Beyond that, preferred additional qualifications are:
- Educational background in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering Technology
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Biotechnology Industry.
- Support Operations in Non-Standard shifts that includes weekends and/or holidays as determined by business
- Solid understanding in automation system (e.g. vision system, sensors, data acquisition, PLC, robotic, lasers)
- Solid Understanding in PLC, Computer Serialization, Packaging Equipment, Inspection System
- SCADA/ PLC Control System in regulated manufacturing environment, preferable pharmaceutical
- Other Automated control System to be supported includes Siemens and Rockwell HMIs, Cognex Vision System, Sensor and Systech Serialization
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.