Senior Manager Domestic Tax Reporting
Amgens tax reporting group is an integral part of a world-class tax department that provides global tax planning, transfer pricing, tax reporting, and tax audit defense for the Company. The tax reporting group works closely with Finance, Accounting, and Treasury employees in Amgens Thousand Oaks and Tampa locations to prepare Amgens financial statement tax provision and its U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
The Senior Manager will be a key member of the tax reporting team that is responsible for the consolidation and analysis of the global tax provision. The Senior Manager will have a strong tax accounting (ASC 740) background with keen analytical skills and experience with OneSource. The Senior Manager will also have strong communication and managerial skills with the ability to interface with multiple groups within tax as well as across functional groups outside the tax function. The Senior Manager must be a self-motivated team player with GAAP and tax technical experience, leadership and organizational skills, effective and efficient communication, good project management, a history of producing high-quality timely work products, and intellectual curiosity. The Senior Manager must strive for continuous improvement in process, deliverables, leadership and professional expertise.
Amgen has a large international footprint and does business in over 90 countries. As a global biopharmaceutical company with over $20 billion in revenue, the Companys tax matters include high value intangibles, mergers and acquisitions, licensing transactions, complex manufacturing, financing transactions, and research and development activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR MANAGER WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage the preparation and review of Amgens quarterly and annual income tax provisions including the preparation of all relevant SEC financial statement disclosures
- Prepare and review effective tax rate, cash tax rate, tax account reconciliations, tax account analysis, and tax reserves, including all computational and reporting aspects of ASC 740
- Support the preparation and review of tax journal entries as well as cashflow and balance sheet account analyses
- Assist in identifying, analyzing, and documenting uncertain tax positions
- Support annual budget and long-range planning as well as provide transaction support (i.e., purchase accounting)
- Act as a liaison and business partner with the different groups within the tax department (transfer pricing, planning and audit) and outside the tax department (Finance, Accounting, and Treasury) to ensure that there is timely and thoughtful communication and collaboration on potential tax impacts
- Assist the Tax Director with researching tax accounting implications of planning or transactional activities (including acquisitions), audits, transfer pricing, and compliance
- Prepare and review assigned inputs for quarterly estimated tax calculations and tax teturn
- Assist with preparation and review of the provision to tax return analysis
- Collaborate with tax planning, financial planning, accounting, and treasury staff to understand transactions and data that flow into or otherwise impact Amgens tax provision and tax returns
Doctorate degree and 2 years of accounting or finance experience
Masters degree and 4 years of accounting or finance experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of accounting or finance experience
Associates degree and 10 years of accounting or finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of accounting or finance experience
- (Certified Public Accountant) CPA
- 10+ years of experience with a strong emphasis on tax accounting issues for large multinational publicly traded company and a minimum of 4 years working with ASC 740
- Strong US GAAP background, including tax accounting, (ASC 740), stock-based compensation (ASC 718), and business combinations (ASC 805)
- Experience with US federal and state and international taxation
- Proficient in OneSource Tax Provision
- Experience with pharmaceutical, biotech or high-tech industry
- Excellent research skills, including a focus on documentation
- Ability to understand the cross-functional impact across the tax function and functions external to tax
- Effective project management skills
- Collaborative problem-solving approach with the ability to build consensus for recommended solutions
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.