Specialist Information Systems (Lab Systems)
Amgen is seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst for the Holistic Lab (HL) platform within our Operations Information Systems organization!! This transformational platform is driving fundamental improvements in how information is captured, managed and analyzed while structuring process execution for digital transformation. The technology solution enables end-to-end capture and flow of experiment data to an enterprise data lake in a standardized format, driving laboratory automation and fueling downstream analytics.
The successful individual will partner with the Business Product Owner to establish product vision and provide technical direction to the Agile Product team. This individual will contribute to the success of IS functions by making fundamental improvements in how information is managed, business processes are operated, physical processes are controlled, and workflow is directed. The Analyst will effectively achieve the integration and orchestration of all activities required for product development and will lead strategic cross-functional meetings to facilitate the optimization of processes through implementation of solutions that enable enterprise-wide information knowledge management.Key responsibilities include:
- Bridge the business desires with the capabilities of the technology
- Plan, prioritize, and manage feature backlog and product roadmap
- Create and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value aligned with product strategy
- Plan product releases and set the expectation with stakeholders for delivery of new functionality
- Play an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint goals
- Ensure solution alignment with Amgen IS strategy, standards, and operating procedures
- Keep abreast with Allotrope Foundation ontologies and data model thought leadership
- Facilitates complex design and technical discussions, balancing differing opinions and influencing decisions including Agile ceremonies as scrum master
- Assimilate and scale new technology capabilities that result from internal or partner pilots
- Identify and evaluate technology/business trends and contending products to improve the products ability to deliver business outcomes
Masters degree & 3 years of directly related experience
Bachelors degree & 5 years of directly related experience
Associates degree & 10 years of directly related experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or the Life Sciences
- Excellent business analysis, data analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory instruments, lab notebook systems, data ETL processes is a plus
- Experience working as a Scrum master OR working in Product teams
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience creating requirements specifications, design specifications, and test protocol documents
- In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile process, tools, and principles
- Familiarity with GxP computer system validation
- Familiar with Amgen City Planning platforms like Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, MuleSoft, Databricks, etc.
- Good understanding of basic system engineering, information risk and security guidelines and architecture standards
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently; prioritizing, negotiating, and escalating effectively with clients, management, and various IS groups
- Able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.