Sr. Associate Scientist - Discovery Proteomics
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr Associate Scientist - Discovery ProteomicsLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Associate Scientist with expertise in liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry-based proteomics to join the Discovery Attribute Sciences team at South San Francisco. In this vital role you will conduct quantitative discovery and targeted proteomics studies in support of Amgens Induced Proximity Platform, with a focus on the biological characterization of novel modality early candidates including proteolysis targeting chimeras (PROTACs) and molecular glues. Demonstrated expertise in sample preparation and quantitative mass spectrometry-based proteomic technologies is essential.
Discovery Attribute Sciences is tasked with developing and implementing proteomic and protein characterization technologies in support of Amgens early discovery pipeline.Position Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include experimental design and implementation of complex proteomics workflows involving sample preparation, chromatographic separations, and mass spectrometric analysis.
Quantitative discovery as well as targeted workflows will be employed involving label-free analyses, isobaric labeling, selected reaction monitoring, and data-independent acquisition (DIA). The successful candidate will be expected to work across both genomic and proteomic platforms for data integration and mining, utilizing available external resources where appropriate.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Masters degree and 3 years of scientific experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Recent doctoral candidates are encouraged to apply
- Academic and/or industrial training in Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry or other relevant scientific fields
- Hands-on experience in sample preparation for deep proteomic analysis of tissues/cell cultures utilizing modern mass spectrometric instrumentation platforms (e.g. Thermo Orbitraps and Sciex TripleTOF) and associated software, sample processing techniques (e.g. TMT isobaric labeling), data acquisition schemes (e.g. data-independent acquisition) and data processing pipelines (e.g. Proteome Discoverer, Spectronaut, Skyline, and/or MaxQuant).
- Tissue and/or cell culture experience is a plus
- Experience in chemical proteomics, protein-protein interactome studies, cell culture assays or mining public proteomic databases is preferred
- Proven track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement
- Strong background in biology or chemistry, especially as it pertains to human disease in the fields of Immunology/Oncology, Inflammation, and Cardiometabolic Disease
- Strong verbal and written skills, maintaining timelines, and an ability to work independently as well as in small teams
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.