Tax Senior Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us!
Amgen, Senior Tax Manager, Tampa
The Senior Tax Manager will play a key role in the Companys tax responsibilities for the ELMAC (Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa & Canada) region, with a focus on the Latin America and Canada, and will act as a liaison with multiple countries to help manage various tax activities, including tax compliance and tax audits.
The role will advise on tax strategy and tax structuring matters to the ELMAC regional functions, which include Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain, Law, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, as well as other functions. It will also work with the global tax teams within the Tax Department, including the Tax Reporting team, andwill provide tax guidance to the Regional and local finance teams on various tax matters.
The Tax Senior Manager will report to the Tax Director ELMAC
Responsible for supporting the Companys tax initiatives and implementing the Companys tax strategy for the ELMAC region, with a focus on Latin America and Canada.This requires substantive knowledge in international and local country taxation and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Oversee tax initiatives implementation for the regions
- Work with key business and functional leaders and their staff to ensure strategic corporate and tax objectives are met
- Manage external service providers
- Implement process improvements to enhance the groups tax process efficiency and effectiveness
- Work with global tax team to ensure alignment with global tax strategies
- Provide tax guidance to the regional and local finance teams on various tax matters
- Provide support to regional and local finance teams to defend foreign tax audits
- Oversee tax legislative efforts and incentive negotiations
- Support tax automation and data analysis initiatives
- Mentor staff for further development within the international tax function
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 9 years of tax planning experience, with significant expertise in the international taxation area from a Big Four Accounting firm, a major law firm and/or a tax department of a multinational corporation. A solid working knowledge and experience with Latin America and Canada taxation is essential. Strong interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a strong teamwork focus, are also essential.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of tax planning experience
Masters degree and 4 years of tax planning experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of tax planning experience
Associates degree and 10 years of tax planning experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of tax planning experience
- A Masters degree in Business Tax and LLM or a Law Degree or Accounting or Finance
- At least 9 years of experience in tax planning, including five or more years in international tax planning, with a Big Four Accounting firm, a major law firm and/or a tax department of a multinational corporation
- Solid working knowledge and experience in international and Latin America and Canada taxation
- Good understanding of transfer pricing and tax accounting
- Experience with a U.S. multinational corporation
- Experience for US and / or Europe, Middle East & Africa taxation
- Experience with the pharmaceutical, biotech or high-tech industry
- Experience with tax provision and data analytical software
- Ability to speak Spanish and / or Portuguese
On a personal level, the Tax Senior Manager should:
- Be an experienced tax professional who functions in a fast-paced environment with minimum guidance
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Possess excellent written, presentation and communication skills to work with all levels of staff and management
- Demonstrate leadership capability and team leader/player skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational, planning and project management skills
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.