HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will help shape the future of biopharmaceutical manufacturing. Are you interested in working with a diverse product portfolio of life changing products in a dynamic working environment? Would you like to work with a highly motivated team of process science professionals to positively impact patients lives? Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient.
As an Engineer in the Drug Substance Technology & Engineering Team, you will be responsible for the technology transfer and commercial support of biologics drug substance processes across the network, including both the Amgen manufacturing network and/or Contract Manufacturing Organizations. You will work as a member of a team of engineers and scientists, as you use engineering principles to implement manufacturing process in a cGMP environment.
Domestic and International Travel: up to 15%Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Under general supervision will evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures. Assistance given for unusual problems.
- Perform assignments that have clear and specific objectives and require investigation of limited number of variables.
- Initiate and complete routine technical tasks.
- Function as a technical specialist to equipment or systems regarding trouble-shooting operations. Frequently become actively involved in daily operations when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
- Routinely monitor manufacturing processes for performance indicators and operations. Suggest problem resolution and provide troubleshooting mentorship.
- Apply engineering principles and statistical analysis, including design of experiments, in-order to tackle processing issues and evaluate opportunities for process improvements
- Work with research, manufacturing, maintenance, process development, utilities, facilities, quality assurance and/or validation departments in developing requirements and recommendations for processes and/or system modifications.
- Work under the direct supervision of project managers to complete design, engineering, and construction projects within schedule and budget constraints.
- Work with consultants, architects and engineering firms on development of standard design documents.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical and management staff within Manufacturing, Process Development, and Quality departments.
- Support non-standard shift organization and extended hours, as per business needs.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The [vital attribute] professional we seek is a [type of person] with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Engineering or Operations experienceOr
Associates degree and 6 years of Engineering or Operations experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Engineering or Operations experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Education background in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or Biotechnology
- 2+ years of experience in a Process Development/Process Engineering environment, with specific experience in the implementation and support of biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
- Experience in process scale-up and technology transfer from laboratory to pilot and/or manufacturing scale
- Experience working with commercial manufacture of biologics using single use technology
- Basic understanding cGMP requirements
- Experience related to upstream and/or downstream biologics process development technology transfer, scale-up and ongoing manufacturing of biologics (cGMP). This includes technical support for nonconformance investigations and other commercial support activities
- Experience in working with design and optimization of pharmaceutical processing unit operations including cell expansion, harvest, clarification, Protein A, IEX, SEC, TFF, UFDF, and sterile filtration among others for a variety of biological molecules
- Experience in the analysis of data generated from a variety of analytical techniques
- Regulatory knowledge and interactions
- Project management skills
- Strong oral and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in foreign languages preferred
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.