Software Development Engineer II
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Software Development Engineer II (SDE)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will take your full stack engineering skills and help deliver the world's most advanced and life-changing biotech medicines by building creative and ground-breaking software frameworks. Amgen is using cloud technology, DevSecOps frameworks, and migration and continuous deployment pipelines to create new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses. We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to fill a position in Amgen's Global Infrastructure Services Group. Our small product team is a high-energy, tight-knit group who builds our DevSecOps framework used globally by Amgen development teams.
This position focuses on working directly on inventing, developing and extending the internally developed DevSecOps framework and cloud provisioning platform to meet Amgen's software development needs as well as our DataOps needs for AI and ML data scientists. Our frameworks and platforms are built using opensource and AWS services. Our frameworks run custom code development, DataOps, as well as test and deploy Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications into Amgens cloud environment. We are currently extending our capabilities to integrate serverless and microservices CI/CD pipelines with AWS.Job Responsibilities:
- Own elements of the pipeline and add, refactor, and improve capabilities across our cloud security architecture and our continuous CI/CD pipeline
- Participate in efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Work with some of our scientific and client teams to build services that are scalable, performant, reliable, and secure.
- Work to improve and extend the serverless pipeline, delivering better CI/CD for new applications using a growing array of services from AWS. Be part of moving the team towards a stronger microservices architecture.
- Be an integral member of the core DevOps/DataOps development team and help develop, test, deploy, and operate the service 24x7x365 globally.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The software development engineer professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Bachelors degree and 2 years of related experience
Associate degree and 6 years of directly related experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of directly related experiencePreferred Qualifications
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- 1 or more years demonstrated ability as a software developer shipping successful commercial products and/or services to customers using a SDLC process from start to finish
- knowledge and experience in RStudio Shiny Programming
- Proficiency in data structures, algorithms, highly concurrent programming, and software design patterns
- Willing and able to learn a new technology
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.