CMC Process Development, Senior Project Manager
Responsible for integrating and understanding Process Development activities by developing and maintaining product project schedules across the commercialization lifecycle within Amgens commercial portfolio.
- The Sr. Project Manager will manage cross-functional teams within CMC and Process Development across all modalities and across all commercialization stages as needed. They will partner with technical leads to identify key deliverables, ensure cross functional alignment, and execute plans. They are expected to proactively manage plans to meet deliverables with their teams.
- Partnering with key Product Delivery Team stakeholders, the Sr PM will need to understand the Clinical Development Plan and strategy to enable alignment with clinical and commercial targets
- The Sr PM will draft timeline scenarios to enable/adjust project execution across multiple development paradigms to inform portfolio decisions
- Ensure teams active, aligned communication in functional and cross-functional management reviews and governance meetings
- Assist PD in driving decision making and communication
- Establish and manage collaboration and team sites. Track delivery and create repositories for all PD deliverables
- Project reporting including appropriate risk analysis
- Partner with Business Analytics and functional partners as needed to provide data
- Facilitate and incorporate lessons learned, best practices, etc
- Support Business Process improvements, including alignment with the Commercialization Office
- Managing/coaching a team of project managers supporting various products and projects with overall responsibility for a portfolio of projects
Doctorate degree within a life science discipline, and 2 years overall experience including Project Management experience specific to drug development
Masters degree with a life science discipline, and 6 years overall experience including Project Management experience specific to drug development
Bachelors degree within a life science discipline, and 8 years overall experience including Project Management experience specific to drug development
Associates degree within a life science discipline, and 10 years overall experience including Project Management experience specific to drug development
High school diploma / GED and 12 years overall experience including of Project Management experience specific to drug development
- Masters degree with 6 years of project management experience, OR Bachelors degree with 8 years of project management experience, specific to drug development
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or other Healthcare related field, direct CMC experience is highly desirable
- Ability to foster collaboration and work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interface across all levels of the organization
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Apply standard Project Management tools, and practices; experience with MS Project, Excel and SharePoint highly desirable
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve peoples lives.
Advancing science and helping patients - these dual passions are ingrained in our culture. They drive our work, our values, and everything we do at Amgen. For staff around the world, our mission to serve patients and our commitment to science makes Amgen a place where we can make a positive difference in people's lives while pursuing a challenging and fulfilling career. To foster a setting in which all staff may excel, we support a variety of growth opportunitiesfrom training and education to expanding current job responsibilities. Come join us!
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.