Scientist - Oncology Research
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Scientist - Oncology ResearchLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen Oncology Research is seeking a Scientist to lead preclinical studies for our solid tumor BiTE (bispecific T cell engager) portfolio. In this vital role you will support fast-paced cross-functional product teams, focused on prostate cancer and lung cancer.
- Conduct preclinical research to inform BiTE molecule activity and resistance, and propose and evaluate combinations and approaches to enhance BiTE molecule activity and utility
- Lead a small research group focused on generating preclinical data to support the therapeutic BiTE pipeline and technology development
- Coordinate with other groups at Amgen to develop mouse tumor models and test BiTE molecule activity in vivo
- Contribute to strategy and scientific evidence generation for early stage clinical teams, including biomarker discovery and prioritization of combinations
- Manage timelines and deliverables of preclinical data to support clinical studies
- Present preclinical data at scientific conferences and lead writing of preclinical manuscripts
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.Basic qualifications:
Masters degree and 4 years of Oncology or Immuno-Oncology experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Oncology or Immuno-Oncology experiencePreferred qualifications:
- Demonstrated independence in critical thinking and scientific achievement, with first or senior author publications in top-tier journals or awarded grants
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple activities in parallel
- Broad and deep knowledge of cancer biology, including immunotherapy and prostate cancer and/or lung cancer
- Direct experience with T cell targeted therapy including technical knowledge of in vitro cell culture and in vivo models, multi-color flow cytometry, and imaging methods
- Direct experience with cell-based assays with tumor samples
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports or leading teams
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.