Commercial Forecasting Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Commercial Forecasting ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will to lead the forecasting process for Amgens inline and pipeline hematology-oncology assets. This role will forecast for Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) pipeline assets and support Multiple Myeloma (MM) inline and pipeline assets for the US and several key geographies outside the US. This position will report to the Hematology/Oncology Forecasting Senior Manager.
- Provide an objective and rigorous point of view to demand forecasting and product performance while collaborating with other business units including US & Global Reimbursement/Value/Access, Marketing, Center for Observational Research (CfOR) and Commercial Insights teams
- Lead the development of the quarterly Latest Estimates (LE), Brand Plan and Long Range Plan (LRP) forecasts.
- Develop global forecasts for early stage pipeline assets in preparation for initiation of late stage clinical trials.
- Take active interest in understanding the competitive intelligence landscape and market research to integrate it with high quality forecast models.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Finance and other cross-functional teams to develop forecasting inputs and assumptions for patient flow models.
- Effectively explain modeling assumptions and triangulate assumptions with other data & forecasting model to pressure test and develop what if scenarios.
- Perform analyses and assessments in the area of product preference, estimating revenue potential, market size, penetration, and prepare forecasts and recommendation.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is an individual with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 2 years of forecasting OR business analytics experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 4 years of forecasting OR business analytics experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of forecasting OR business analytics experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of forecasting OR business analytics experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience in oncology
- 3+ years of forecasting, market research, or business analytics experience in the biopharmaceutical or healthcare industries
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills; able to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Strong project management skillsable to prioritize and complete multiple projects efficiently and on time
- Demonstrated analytical skills combined with a client service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Understanding of the latest developments in the biopharmaceutical industry, and unmet medical needs and opportunities in oncology, particularly with regard to I/O therapies
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets, patient based forecast modeling including dynamic patient flow models
- Experience with common forecasting tools such as Forecast Pro
- Experience with quantitative techniques including smoothing, regression, time series analysis, and simulation
- Knowledgeable of forecasting inputs and structure, global access and reimbursement policies, competitive environment and potential impact on product development and commercialization strategy
- Understanding of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry databases such as IQVIA, Symphony Health, Flatiron, EMR, Optum, Truven, McKesson, DRG and other large datasets that require custom analysis and evaluation.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.