Director, Tax Reporting
Amgens tax reporting group is part of a world class tax department that provides tax provision and compliance, global tax planning, transfer pricing, and tax audit defense for the Company. The tax reporting group works closely with the Finance, Accounting, and Treasury teams in Tampa and Amgens Thousand Oaks headquarters to prepare Amgens financial statement tax provision and its U.S. federal and state income tax returns. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Capability Center in Tampa provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies.
The Director, Tax Reporting, is responsible for Amgens U.S. federal and state income tax returns, as well as all of its U.S. business license and annual report filings. The Director leads an internal team supplemented by third party service providers in preparing the companys tax returns and computing and timely paying all U.S. federal, state, and local income tax liabilities, including estimated tax payments.
The Director plays a key role in Amgens tax provision process and will review the portions of Amgens worldwide tax provision and associated SEC filings.
In addition to domestic income tax, the Director must be well versed in U.S. taxation of international transactions, including the international provisions of U.S. tax reform. Amgen has a large international footprint and does business in over 100 countries. As a global biopharmaceutical company with over $20 billion in revenue, the Companys tax matters include high value intangibles, mergers and acquisitions, licensing transactions, complex manufacturing, financing transactions, and research and development activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the preparation of the Companys federal and state income tax returns and the co-sourced tax return preparation engagements.
- Reviewing Amgens federal and state income tax returns
- Overseeing and reviewing the preparation of portions of the tax provision
- Overseeing the filing of the Companys U.S. business licenses and annual reports that are prepared, filed, and paid by a third-party vendor
- Mentoring and developing staff
- Supporting the Tax Planning, Transfer Pricing, and Tax Audit groups as needed
- Maintaining legal entity data and the worldwide organization chart
Doctorate degree and 4 years of relevant income tax experience
Masters degree and 8 years of relevant income tax experience
Bachelors degree and 10 years of relevant income tax experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- 5+ years of Big 4 accounting firm or large multinational corporation experience
- CPA license
- Experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry
- Progressive tax experience, including corporate level public company experience
- Strong technical skills including tax law and U.S. GAAP
- Ability to work in cross-functional team environment across multiple senior levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and strong business analytical skills
- Confident ability in dealing with all levels of management within the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.