Director - Technology, Strategy, & Innovation - Business Development
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Director - Technology, Strategy, & Innovation - Business DevelopmentLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for market sensing/prospecting and partnerships, and will drive strategic opportunities in the digital health/data and analytics space. You will also be charged with driving the teams internal and external engagement strategies. The Director will oversee the development of digital technology and data science strategic analyses and will set the direction for application of emerging technologies and data analytics solutions across the enterprise. The individual will play a leadership role in helping shape the enterprise digital strategy.
Key responsibilities of the Director include:
- Develop thought leadership and perspectives on emerging digital technologies and data science, coordinating with Amgen subject matter experts and key functional partners
- Engage Amgen executives throughout various functions to create visibility for DH&I global strategy, objectives, and activities, strategically aligning DH&I with other Amgen organizations
- Manage for the identification of preferred technology vendors and solutions that meet business objectives
- Oversee the end-to-end business development review process and periodically evaluate to make improvements, ensuring impactful business development outputs and value-add opportunities
- Maintain visibility into the digital health ecosystem and the landscape of digital technology, to inform DH&I strategy development and engagement planning and to identify key trends and opportunities to shape enterprise digital strategy
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek has these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Healthcare Technology experience
Masters degree and 8 years of Healthcare Technology experience
Bachelors degree and 10 years of Healthcare Technology experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- 6-8 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Experience in working at or with Digital Start ups and/or Digital Health technology companies with experience in a BD or partnership, consulting or deal-making role
- A passion for digital health and technology with the ability to identify and hone in on opportunities that will drive business impact
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- McKinsey/Bain or BCG consulting experience if applicable in areas of Digital Delivery
- Experience with relationship management and executive level advisory role(s)
- Biotech or Pharma experience in an integrated technology environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set the context and present on complex subjects to senior management in a clear and concise manner
- Strong leadership, project management, negotiation, planning, and organizational change management skills
- High ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity, ability to see the big picture, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and facilitate decision-making
- Experience with Venture Capital
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.