Network Security Engineer
Amgen is searching for a Network Security Engineer, with strong AWS knowledge. This role will collaborate with the Manager, Network Security. This position will be based in Tampa at Amgen's new Capability Center. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Tampa Capability Center provides crucial services that enable us to better pursue this mission.
The Network Security Engineer plays a meaningful role in Information Security for Amgen. The individual will lead, or support assigned capabilities within Information Security with the focus on Securing Perimeter, Cloud, Automation and Manufacturing Systems. The Network Security Engineer will work with various partners at Amgen in a manner aligned to Amgen's values to define and implement Information Security Services strategies, standards, tools and processes.
This team member will work jointly with other Amgen teams like Security Operations to implement technologies, processes, and other improvements in assigned Information Security capabilities. This will also include participation in on-call activities.
This engineer will play a key role in designing, deploying and maintaining solutions to build our rapidly growing Asian operations.Areas of responsibility include:
- Management and implementation of physical as well as AWS-based firewalls, proxies, VPN concentrators, and related network protection technologies.
- Develops, implements, and sustains network operating rules, objects, and flows across a complex, global enterprise.
- Collaborates with analysts, engineers, data scientists to deliver continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
- Work with and provide guidance to Security Operations and other Information Security team activities on security strategies, processes, response and technologies
- Provide support to Incident Response on security incidents including mock security incident exercises
- Critically analyzes network infrastructure to find opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce the threat profile
- Provide mentorship and training on areas of expertise to Information Security and Amgen teams
- Participate in audits covering network security services and technologies
- Participate in proactive research and provide recommendations for continuous improvement on information security technologies, processes and services
- Participate in on-call coverage and perform effective escalation of problems and issues
- Network Security Engineers will also present project status reports to senior management, adhere to policies and practices relative to technical guidelines and change management processes, and may contribute to the development of new policies and practices by suggesting innovative ideas
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Security or Information Technology experience
- Advanced knowledge of perimeter security solutions (IDS/IPS, Web filtering, Application Filtering and Firewalling)
- Fortinet solutions experience strongly preferred
- Advanced understanding of network engineering, verified by having obtained credentials such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher / equivalent
- Practical Knowledge of Information Security standards and policies like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, Cloud Control Matrix, and others
- Advanced experience with AWS foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies. Multi-cloud (AWS/Azure/Google) desired, but not required
- Knowledge and experience across multiple Information Protection capabilities (security monitoring, threat intelligence, network protection, data protection, endpoint protection, technical security assessments, security architecture)
- Experience in complex enterprise environments with competing business priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective working with global teams in a collaborative setting, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple efforts
- Experience with regulated systems (GxP, SOX) in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare industry is preferred
- CISSP or equivalent
- Fortinet Level 5 certification or higher
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher / equivalent
- AWS Certified Practitioner or higher
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.