Counsel - Corporate Law
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for counseling on a wide variety of corporate law matters, including but not limited to support of:
- The Companys securities filings, including its periodic filing and other securities law requirements;
- The Companys Board of Directors and/or Board Committee meeting support;
- The Companys compliance with NASDAQ and Delaware Law requirements;
- Support of the Companys other public disclosures, including press releases and investor materials;
- Company subsidiary formation, compliance and maintenance;
- The Companys foundations;
- Additional support of the Companys Treasury Department requirements potentially including debt, debt offerings, ISDAs, Credit Agreements, Commercial Paper and Dividend and Stock Repurchase Programs;
- Updating and monitoring procedures and processes of the Corporate Law Group; and
- Other research and corporate law projects as needed.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an attorney with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
J.D. degree or LL.M. degree from an ABA accredited law school, admission to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction and two (2) years of experience practicing corporate lawPreferred Qualifications:
4 + years of experience practicing corporate law in a nationally recognized law firm and/or in-house corporate environment
Superior attention to detail
Excellent communication skills
Excellent analytic, legal drafting and written skills
Ability to work in cross-functional teams
Strong client service focus
Ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines
Ability to manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment
Superior academic achievementThrive
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.