Manager, HR Operations
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us!
Amgen is seeking a Manager, HR Operations for the HR Service Center who will be an important member of our Employee Services team. The Manager, HR Operations will work out of Amgens Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies.
The Manager, HR Operations leads the day-to-day operations of the Americas HR Service Center team who serves as first point of contact for staffs needs related to the myHR web portal, Workday navigational support, guidance on global and local HR policies, payroll and other related inquiries. By being a leader with an outstanding customer service orientation and a track-record of driving excellence in service delivery, this role will partner with Human Resource Centers of Excellence (COEs) in deploying new programs globally through the service center operations scope.
Over time, this role will help identify and implement integrated technology solutions to drive self-service, speed of resolution, and reduce ticket volume while enhancing the employee life cycle overall experience.Key Activities for the HR Operations Manager include:
- Lead the service delivery team with various levels of inquiries via multichannel options including transactions through Workday for the Americas and contact tracking through ServiceNow.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Set goals, coach others, and encourage team members to take ownership of their personal development.
- Encourage and develop strong knowledge sharing concepts within the team for better cross collaboration on both a regional and global level with development of subject matter experts.
- Oversee the content in the teams knowledge base program and ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and train the HR Service Center representatives on HR practices and system processes.
- Sponsor and actively contribute to the support of quality customer service initiatives
- Evaluate workforce needs and resource allocation needs to support existing and additional expansion scope of work.
- Sponsor change management and other transformational efforts to increase service excellence
- Manage highly confidential information of staff at all levels within the organization
- Deliver metrics, measurements and data insights to internal and external stakeholders to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop engaging relationships with stakeholders through trust and teamwork.
- Partner with regional teams to share best practices and promote consistency and cohesiveness with compliance and regulation in mind.
- Partner with various business areas and IT to evaluate how best to use ServiceNow technology to meet evolving business requirements and deliver the best digital employee experience.
- Lead other projects / activities as requested and participates in other cross-functional projects in representation of the HR Service Center team.
Masters degree and 3 years of Human Resources experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Human Resources experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Human Resources experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Human Resources experienceAnd
Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resourcesPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, or another Liberal Arts major
- 4+ years experience in human resources or an HR service center
- 2+ years experience supervising a team with a record of effective team management
- Demonstrated project leadership skills, including ability to manage diverse cross-functional teams, and prioritize varied assignments simultaneously
- Strong working knowledge of Workday
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow
- Strong ability to interact, influence, and build relationships with all levels of staff, management, and executives
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity and organizational change
- Strong ability to understand, balance, and articulate both tactical and strategic planning issues
- Strong quantitative, analytical (technical and business), and problem-solving skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.