Key Account Manager - Respiratory Biologics - Philadelphia, PA
Territory: PA, NJ, DE
The Respiratory Key Account Manager will report into a Respiratory Key Account Director. Their primary responsibility is to assess and diagnose the current business environment in each of their assigned accounts in relation to Amgen Respiratory products and plan/execute actions for success in these accounts. The Respiratory Account Manager will work internally through the matrix team, and externally with customers to develop strong relationships for Amgen to support sales performance and brand strategies at multiple touch points and levels within complex partner organizations. Ideally, the candidate resides in the geography and has established relationships with the key accounts/ customers in addition to experience promoting Respiratory products to the target accounts.
- Key account strategic lead: Leads contract delivery, business reviews and performance tracking in targeted accounts
- Builds and develops relationships with appropriate opinion leaders in Allergy, Pulmonology, Pharmacy, P&T Committee, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring formulary adoption in targeted accounts to help drive appropriate utilization of approved products
- Identifies drivers/barriers and coordinates pull-through initiatives across field teams (Sales Representatives, District Sales Managers, Regional Sales Directors, Reimbursement/Access Specialists, Nurse Educators, Regional Marketing Managers, and the Value Based Partnership Team)
- Regularly engages with key decision makers, such as Office Practice Managers, Clinical Directors, Hospital Pharmacy, Purchasing on contract performance and aligned initiatives
- Presents MAC approved data and product messaging for approved products and delivers clinical messages compliantly
- Monitors Amgen business performance across Respiratory portfolio in local market
- Coordinates Amgen home office engagement with customers
- Works collectively with matrix and alliance team members to arrange approved promotional programs, displays and initiatives that will effectively and compliantly promote assigned products
- Develops and executes innovative strategies to reach difficult to access health care providers and accounts in a compliant manner
- Partners closely with Market Access Executives and Regional Medical Liaisons in shared accounts
- Coordinates with Reimbursement Access Value team to support open access to Amgen portfolio
- Serves as GPO liaison between Amgen and GPO representatives
- Provides field insight/recommendations to Pricing/Brand/GPO teams
- Organizes competitive response if needed
- Executes value/FDAMA 114 tools where appropriate
Doctorate degree & 2 years of sales experience;
Masters degree & 4 years of sales experience;
Bachelors degree or & 6 years of sales experience
- 3+ years of account management and/or public payor experience
- Resides in the geography and has established relationships with the key accounts/customers
- Advanced degree (e.g. MPH, MBA, PharmD, etc.) 7+ years of healthcare sales and/or marketing experience or related experience in buying processes and decision making
- Clinic, hospital, access environment, applicable competitors, specialty experience
- Respiratory sales experience
- Co-Promote and/or Launch experience
- District Management / Reimbursement / managed care experience
- Demonstrates solid understanding of the current marketplace and trends
- Knowledge of payor systems, billing, coding and reimbursement processes
- Knowledge of CMS policies and processes
- Documented ability to work with sales force to resolve payor related issues
- Clear understanding of buy and bill process
- Proven ability to think strategically and develop, execute and monitor strategic business plans
- Demonstrated ability to engage, influence, and lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates leadership ability with a focus on influence, impact and leading without authority.
- Identifies key staff and departments that influence decision-making for biopharmaceutical product utilization within key accounts, then cultivates relationships with these key decision makers
- Identifies and procures appropriate company resources to achieve account objectives.
- Analyzes, interprets and draws insights from clinic economics/financial performance.
- Analyzes, interprets and draws insights from varying data sources
- Successfully navigates through clinic reimbursement.
- Experience in public payor / agency activities, including understanding of the Local Coverage Determination Processes (LCD)
- Knowledge of hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement process
- Excellent interpersonal skills, which include networking, influencing, negotiation, presentation and written and verbal communication.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment handling multiple competing priorities
- Approaches challenges with a solution-oriented mindset
- Takes initiative, imparts energy and enthusiasm, and works in teams
- Exhibits a broad range of computer skills
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.