Associate Scientist, Oncology (In Vivo Pharmacology)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Associate Scientist, Oncology (In Vivo Pharmacology)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of a fast-paced, integrated and interactive research group exploring therapeutics for immuno-oncology programs. You will be responsible for generating and communicating pharmacology data to support the progression of oncology and immunotherapy research teams.
- In vitro work includes a range of cellular assays and molecular biological techniques to help interpret in vivo observations
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, accurate, timely record keeping and data analysis
- Designing and conducting in vivo and in vitro studies
- In vivo work will include handling techniques, such as tumor inoculation and measurement, oral, sc and iv dosing, blood and tissue collection
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is a dedicated researcher with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Masters degree and 2 years of Scientific experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of Scientific experience
- Masters Degree and 3+ years of scientific experience in an industry setting
- Flow cytometry and multi-parametric analysis (5+ colors) experience is desired
- Research experience with preclinical models of cancer and immuno-oncology
- Hands on experience with in vivo bioluminescence imaging (BLI)
- Previous drug discovery experience
- Administering drugs through various routes
- Hands on experience with molecular, cellular, and ex vivo biological techniques and assays
- Computer literacy, especially proficiency with GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, along with the ability to work in a flexible team-oriented environment
- Attention to detail, translating into high quality results
- The ability to work independently on research goals and to collaborate on day-to-day experiments with others
- Proactive, enthusiastic, show a desire to learn and be a part of a busy, highly productive team
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.