Global Safety Medical Director - Immuno-Oncology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Global Safety Medical Director - Immuno-Oncology
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. At Amgen we are dedicated to delivering promising new therapies to patients with complex cancers, where there remains significant unmet need to improve outcomes. Our portfolio features many first-in-class oncology/hematology medicines and innovative therapies for recurring or difficult-to-treat cancers. Our industry-leading oncology pipeline has greater than 20 investigational assets, across multiple targets, in more than a dozen tumor types. We are proud to focus our research on difficult targets such as KRASG12Cand to further explore our BiTEtechnology.
In this vital role within the Global Patient Safety (GPS) organization, you will serve as the safety expert for the assigned development product(s), establishing the strategy, direction, and priorities of pharmacovigilance activities and will be accountable for the overall safety profile and all product-related decisions and deliverables for assigned products. You will also lead the Safety Analysis Team (SAT) and Global Safety Team (GST) and will be a core member of the Executive Safety Committee (ESC). In addition, you will participate as a member of the Evidence Generation Team and other relevant cross functional teams and will be assigned as delegate for the Therapeutic Area Head (TAH) and have management of Global Safety Physicians.
- Validate safety signals and lead safety signal assessments
- Develop and maintain Core Safety Information (core data sheet, core risks in informed consent forms, etc.)
- Prepare/review core and regional risk management plans including additional risk minimization measures
- Prepare/review safety sections of periodic aggregate reports
- Provide safety input to protocols, statistical analysis plans, and clinical study reports
- Prepare/review safety sections of new drug applications and other regulatory filings
- Serve as safety expert on Evidence Generation Team for assigned products
- Inspection Readiness
- Travel: Domestic and International travel up to 10% may be essential
While this position is based at our main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, California, other locations may be considered.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The safety professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.
- Basic Qualifications: MD or equivalent degree from an accredited medical school with 2 years of industry pharmacovigilance (PV) experience AND completion of an accredited medical or surgical residency OR clinical experience in either an accredited academic setting or private practice (including hospital based) setting
- Preferred Skills: Product safety in the bio/pharmaceutical industry or regulatory agency; previous management and/or mentoring experience; board certification or equivalent training; expertise in Immuno-Oncology
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us. careers.amgen.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.