Enterprise Architecture are technology thought leaders, helping to drive Amgens digital innovation ambitions. We align technology strategies and solutions to business imperatives, optimize the value of our technology investments and govern IT architecture standards and practices across the data, application, integration and infrastructure layers; creating value for our staff, our business partners, our shareholders and most importantly our patients.
As the stewards of the CIO technology strategy (aka City Planning), we are at the forefront of digital innovation acceleration for Amgens manufacturing, commercial, drug research, clinical development and shared services organizations. Our thought leadership drives the awareness, education and implementation of City Planning principles and practices across our global technology communities, advancing Amgens position as a biopharma industry leader.
In this role, the Solution Architect will be accountable for the advancement of Amgens next generation trial execution technology architecture, utilizing industry-leading SaaS, PaaS and IaaS platforms and Amgens Enterprise Data Lake, Enterprise Data Fabric and DevOps framework. The Solution Architect is a member of the Enterprise Architecture team in the Office of the CIO, and will collaborate effectively with business partners, IT architects, engineers, developers and UX practitioners to deliver world-class clinical trial execution and management capabilities.
Key Activities for Role include:
- Collaborate with business partners and product teams to convert functional requirements and business outcomes into scalable, efficient and supportable technology solutions, with an emphasis on cloud infrastructure, connected cloud applications and data fabric/data lake architectures.
- Provide detailed technical specifications and guidance to engineers, developers and other product team members.
- Design business solutions using Amgens City Planning technology ecosystem, including Salesforce, AWS, Azure, Mulesoft, Kafka, Databricks, Jenkins, Kubernetes and SAP, among others.
- Create roadmaps for product teams for continual technology enhancements and retirement of technical debt.
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting support for complex production incidents, as needed.
- Effectively communicate with senior leadership and peers, including strong writing skills to draft and publish technical documentation, SOPs, architectural specifications, business cases, etc.
- Domestic travel up to 10% may be required in future.
Masters degree and 3 years of Solutions Architecture experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Solutions Architecture experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Solutions Architecture experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Life Sciences or other relevant scientific subject.
- 5+ years digital technology experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, and/or manufacturing industries.
- 5+ years leading technical design and development, identifying and defining common architecture design patterns, and creating and managing reusable architecture components.
- Experience in data mining, modeling, statistics, analytics and math, SAS, R, Python, machine learning
- Proficient in latest cloud and security architectures. One or more architecture certifications for AWS, Azure, Salesforce or Veeva preferred.
- A working knowledge of one or more clinical development relevant industry data standards (e.g., CDISC SDTM, CDISC ADaM, HL7 BRIDG, OMOP)
- Minimum 2 years enterprise software development experience, leveraging SDLC, Agile and DevOps practices.
- Experience working effectively in a globally dispersed team environment.
- High learning agility, problem solving, creative and analytical thinking.
- Self-starter who can operate effectively in a complex and dynamic working environment, maintain focus on the big picture, and collect, digest and assemble information from various sources to architect technical solutions that delight our internal and external customers.
This role may be eligible for location and working hours flexibility, pending review and approval by Amgen Human Resources.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.