Commercial Insights Manager - Patient Services (V&A Analytics)
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our
early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities. In the face of a US health care system growing more complex day-by-day, we must constantly adapt and
evolve our strategies ensure our patients have appropriate access to our medicines. The US Value & Access (USV&A) Access Analytics Manager will play a meaningful role in monitoring, diagnosing and addressing patient access challenges. In this role, you will partner with US Access Marketing to build a
deep understanding of the US managed markets environment for assigned products. You will provide a coordinated analysis combining multiple primary and secondary data sources to uncover deep insights that will guide payer, access and reimbursement strategies.
- Partner with Brand Marketing, Access Marketing and Pricing/Contracting teams to build and prioritize analytics and insights plan in support of brand strategy
- Understand pharmaceutical ecosystem and data sets including prescription (ex. IQVIA NPA), outlet (ex. IQVIA DDD), pharmacy claims (ex. Symphony Claims) and proprietary patient hub services
- Create data analytics models to generate strategic measurable business insights using SQL, R, Python and Microsoft Excel
- Prepare, publish and continuously refine reports and data visualization tools tracking performance against business objective using Tableau
- Perform advanced analytics including longitudinal patient level analysis, time series modeling, customer segmentation and issue diagnostics in support of business questions
- Evaluate effectiveness of patient services in helping patients start and stay on their appropriately prescribed medicine; identify challenges and opportunities; provide meaningful insights / recommendations
- Provide ad hoc analysis in response to business questions
- Doctorate degree Or
- Masters degree and 2 years of analytics, consulting or finance experience Or
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of analytics, consulting or finance experience
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Engineering (any), Science
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years of analytics, consulting or finance experience
- Masters degree and 3 or more years of analytics, consulting or finance experience
- 3+ years of healthcare experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, health care, and/or strategy consulting with specific experience and expertise in coverage, access and
- reimbursement drivers impacting the biopharmaceutical industry
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits strong understanding of business strategies
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and
understand the fundamentals of human biology.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust,
empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added
benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.