Commercial Insights Manager - Oncology (V&A Analytics)
In this vital role you will have responsibility for analytics relating to managed care/organized customers and help shape payer & IDN strategies for Oncology Portfolio. This role will report to Commercial Insights Director V&A and will be part of a cross functional analytics insights team to provide integrated analyses and insights to Oncology coverage and pricing team. This role is specifically responsible for providing insights impacting payer reimbursement strategies through secondary data analytics and data integration.
In this role, the candidate will partner with US Payer Marketing teams to build a deep understanding of the US managed markets environment for assigned products. You will provide integrated analysis combining multiple primary and secondary data sources to uncover deep insights that will guide payer, access and reimbursement strategies
- Partner with Payer Marketing and Pricing/Contracting and Brand Marketing teams to build and prioritize analytics and insights plan in support of value and access strategy
- Understand pharmaceutical ecosystem and data sets including medial and pharmacy claims (ex. IQVIA LAAD, Symphony Claims), prescription (ex. IQVIA NPA), outlet (ex. IQVIA DDD)
- Partner with account C&P Leadership, marketing, data science and pricing/contracting teams to build and prioritize analytics and insights plan in support access strategy
- Provide in-depth, expertise-based oversight and delivery of managed markets analysis including product formulary position, utilization management controls, customer segmentation and control/sophistication assessment.
- Prepare, continuously refine and present periodic reports tracking product and portfolio performance against business objectives.
- Execute analytics plan to support payer insights from various payer datasets based on detailed understanding of related datasets i.e Patient level claims data; Payer claims data; Formulary coverage; Specialty Pharmacy Data..
- Work with data management team to ensure to enable and maintain data integration to facilitate specific analytic needs; be able to use relevant tools to generate analytic datasets I.e using SAS/SQL/Spotfire to build analytical datasets.
- Build excel based tools to visualize data and drive insights-driven decision-making
- Provide ad hoc analysis in response to business questions
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The analytics professional we seek is someone with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Masters degree and 2 years of analytics experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of analytics experience
Associates degree and 10 years of analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of analytics experiencePreferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of healthcare experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, health care, and/or strategy consulting with specific experience and expertise in coverage, access and reimbursement drivers impacting the biopharmaceutical industry
- Create data analytics models to generate strategic actionable business insights using SQL, R, Python and Microsoft Excel
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits strong understanding of business strategies
- Experience using SAS/SQL/Spotfire to build analytical datasets
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.