Principal Architect - Digital Identity and Access Services
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Principal Architect - Digital Identity and Access ServicesLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will lead the design, integration, and support of Amgens identity provisioning and entitlement management environment, as well as related identity-based technologies (e.g. password synchronization, identity attribute management, single sign on, multi-factor authentication, group automation, etc.).
The Principal IS Architect will report to the Director of Security Architecture based out of Amgens Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies.
Digital Identity and Access Services (DIAS) at Amgen is a core group responsible for handling all the enterprise directories, identity provisioning and access management/ governance solutions, single sign-on tools, privileged identity management, PKI and other authentication platforms. This team is at the fore-front of enterprise architecture and security at Amgen and is passionate about providing solutions with great end user experience.Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical and governance oversight to all DIAS projects. Serve as the technical architect in the analysis, design and implementation of all DIAS related projects and be responsible for their successful delivery while meeting the overall security and integrity of the solution. There is also a need to work with project teams to provide insights about architectural standards and information security standard methodologies.
- Provide leadership and day to day operational management, participate in troubleshooting sessions, manage and handle critical issues, guide and lead disaster recovery exercises, plan continuous process improvement, coordinate and handle budgets for staff and other org specific functions/services.
- Management and implementation of technologies and processes relating to assigned Global Information Protection capability including issue identification and resolution, integration with other tools, documentation, gap assessment, gap resolution and continuous improvement of the capability
- Develop or participate in the development of business cases and presentations on information security technologies of interest to Amgen
- Advise project teams, application owners, and other Information Security teams on information security controls
- Support Incident Response on security incidents including chipping in to mock security incident exercises
- Perform security design consulting in support of projects including participation in security architecture reviews as necessary
- Provide mentorship and training on areas of expertise to Global Information Protection and Amgen teams
- Participate in departmental compliance (legal, regulatory, and contractual) as needed.
- This position requires after hours responsibilities and may require travel up to 15%.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a Security Architect with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experienceOr
Masters degree and 6 year of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems and/or Computer Science experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Web Access Management and SSO technologies (Okta, Azure, Ping Federate, SAML, OAuth, and OpenID/Connect)
- Knowledge Microsoft Active Directory skills including AD LDS and Azure AD
- Knowledge of LDAP directories, PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
- Comprehensive experience with Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure as well as understanding of Identity and Access Management.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, LAN, WAN, SSL, Firewall, Load Balancer, and DMZ configurations
- Knowledge of Identity and Access and Role Management applications (IBM ISIM, IBM IGI, Sailpoint IdentityIIQ Microsoft Identity Manager, Liberman Red Identity Manager, Azure and Microsoft B2B solution)
- Experience with mobile device authentication and management
- Scripting skills such as PowerShell, Perl, VB Script, etc.
- Effective working with global teams
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Collaborative, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Military experience
One or more of the following certifications, including but not limited to:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC)
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.