Sr Data Engineer - Enterprise Data Lake
Amgen is seeking a Senior Data Engineer, who will work on our Enterprise Engineering and Analytics (EEA) team. The Senior Associate will report to the Sr Manager- Data Analytics & Engineering Platforms and will work out of our Amgen Capability Center in Tampa, FL.
At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies.
The Senior Data Engineer position provides a unique opportunity to work as part of a fun and innovative engineering team at the Amgens latest world class facility, located in Tampa Florida. We use many of the cutting edge open-source software, frameworks, tools, and cloud computing services within the platforms to build next generation capabilities and services in Data Management, Data Analytics, Search, NLP and AI.
Key Responsibilities :
- Own end to end design and development of data engineering solutions
- Collaborate with lead architect, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to architect data solutions
- Serve as lead engineer for technical implementation of projects including planning, architecture, design, development, and testing in agile setting
- Overall management of the Enterprise Data Lake on AWS environment to ensure that the service delivery is cost effective and business SLAs around uptime, performance and capacity are met
- Help define guidelines, standards, strategies, security policies and change management policies to support the Data Lake
- Proactively work on challenging data integration problems by implementing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks for structured and unstructured data.
- Automate and Optimize data pipeline and framework for easier and cost-effective development process.
- Advice and support project teams (project managers, architects, business analysts, and developers) on tools, technology, and methodology related to the design and development of Data Lake and other Big Data solutions
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and developments in AWS Big Data related tools, analytics software, and related and emerging technologies like cloud managed services, Agile/DevOpsdevelopment processes to provide, recommend, and deliver best practice solutions
- Managing and development of new data processes as required; enhancing existing systems to support new requirements
- Programming and implementing best logical and physical modeling practices on various data platforms to cleanly integrate into existing enterprise data models; executing data model components to achieve efficient storage utilization and best query performance
- User interaction and requirements gathering from internal customers and consulting them on best practices to effectively use Big Data platforms as a data and computing resource; providing management best recommendations and follow on solutions to support programming maintenance and growth to achieve strategic and operational goals
Doctorate degree OR Masters degree and 1 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- 3+ years of experience in the data warehouse space
- 5+ years of programming experience preferably in Python, Scala or Java.
- 5+ Experience architecting and building ETL pipelines; Hands-on experience with SQL
- 2+ Years of experience in one or more ETL tools like Informatica, Snaplogic, Talend Etc.
- Experience with data modeling.
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
- Hands on development experience with Databricks
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control, CI/CD, automated testing
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena
- Understanding of relational/ dimensional data modeling techniques
- Ability to work in a startup-like environment with little supervision
- Ability to effectively present information for all levels, and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Clear and disciplined strategic vision for the future that leverages superior-quality products, operational excellence, and top-shelf-talent
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.