Principal IS Informatics Analyst
Amgen is seeking Principal IS Informatics Analyst, to join the Research and Development IS team at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Principal IS Informatics Analyst role will be dedicated to supporting the Global Clinical Development mission with the Next Generation Trial Execution Initiative (NGTE). NGTE aims to catalyze the adoption of innovation, increase the speed of clinical trial execution to bring Amgen's innovative products to patients by enabling data driven agile decision making. The Principal Analyst will work closely with the Business Product Owner within Global Clinical Development and IS colleagues, and partner with the Global Development Operations, Center for Design and Analysis, and Safety and Regulatory organizations, to implement and advance the integrated data platforms, analytics, knowledge management and AI (machine learning, NLP) capabilities required for accelerating clinical trial programs.
Key responsibilities of the Principal IS Analyst include:
- Drive the acceleration ofdigital transformation for Clinical Development in alignment with business and IS strategy.
- Partner with business product owner to develop business cases including scopes, roadmaps, and business outcomes to establish durable capability for clinical data integration.
- Lead requirements and architecture city plan in close collaboration with Global Development and IS teams
- Lead cross-functional teams to expand clinical data integration platform using latest technologies and leveraging the enterprise city planning platforms, such as the Enterprise Data Lake, Enterprise Data Fabric, Data Science Workbench, and machine learning platforms.
- Manage the execution with appropriate portfolio planning, financial, resource, vendor and risk management, leveraging agile approaches for flexible and nimble execution.
- Influence and shapeAmgen's future - track and evaluate business and technology trends, connect and foster external networking opportunities to deliver valuable insight from other similar professionals in our industry.
- Coach and supervise product team technical staff
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
- Masters degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- 8+ years leading technical / analytics application development projects
- Extensive software, database and / or analytical tool development experience
- Experience with cloud technologies and big data platforms such as Apache Spark/Databricks
- Experience with statistical languages such as R/SAS
- Working knowledge of data modeling, machine learning
- Working knowledge of one or more relevant industry data standards (e.g., CDISC SDTM, CDISC ADaM, HL7 BRIDG, OMOP)
- Experience in leveraging data and analytics to inform clinical trial design
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork, and negotiation skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.