Sr Data Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Sr Data Engineer
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Sr Data Engineer will be working closely with the product owner/business analyst and various functional teams to understand the data requirements and implementing data engineering solutions. This position will be part of the Enterprise Engineering and Analytics organization and the Data engineering team, is responsible for the design and development of data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data format to Enterprise Data Lake.
- Own end to end design and development of data engineering solutions
- Collaborate with lead architect, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to architect data solutions
- Serve as lead engineer for the technical implementation of projects including planning, architecture, design, development, and testing in an agile setting
- Proactively work on challenging data integration problems by implementing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks for structured and unstructured data.
- Automate and Optimize data pipeline and framework for the easier and cost-effective development process.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a lead data engineer with experience and interest in building scalable, automated solutions in a fast-paced environment, with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- 3+ years of experience in the data warehouse space
- 5+ years of programming experience preferably in Python, Scala, or Java.
- 5+ Experience architecting and building ETL pipelines; Hands-on experience with SQL
- Experience with data modeling.
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
- Hands-on development experience with Databricks
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control, CI/CD, automated testing
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Clear and disciplined strategic vision for the future that leverages superior-quality products, operational excellence, and top-shelf-talent
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
This position is open to remote workers within United States.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.