Senior Enterprise Architect, Application Integration
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us!
Enterprise Architecture are technology strategic thought leaders, helping to drive Amgens digital innovation ambitions. We align technology strategies to business imperatives, optimize the value of our technology investments and govern IT architecture standards and practices across the data, application, integration and infrastructure layers; creating value for our staff, our business partners, our shareholders and most importantly our patients.
As the stewards of the CIO information technology strategy (aka City Planning), we are at the forefront of digital innovation acceleration for Amgens manufacturing, commercial, drug research, clinical development and shared services organizations. Our thought leadership drives the awareness, education and implementation of City Planning principles and practices across our global technology communities, advancing Amgens position as a biopharma industry leader.
In this role, the Sr. Enterprise Application Integration Architect will be accountable for the advancement of Amgens enterprise data and application integration strategies and practices, delivering enterprise-class, efficient and fit-for-purpose application integration capabilities using industry leading technologies. The Sr. Enterprise Application Integration Architect is a member of the Enterprise Architecture team in the Office of the CIO, and has the technical and leadership skills required to advance Amgens digital innovation goals, in depth knowledge of integration products, best practices and industry trends and will collaborate closely with the Shared Services, Functional architecture and engineering communities to deliver world-class integration capabilities.
Key Activities for Role includes:
- Advancement of Amgens API strategy, with an emphasis on connected cloud applications and business partners
- Developing and maintaining integration patterns and reference architectures, and guiding product teams on appropriate usage
- Active membership on Amgens Enterprise Architecture Review Board, owning integration technology decisions and recommendations
- Maintaining roadmaps for Amgens integration technology platforms and managing integration technical debt
- Lead incubation, prototyping and evaluation activities for new integration technologies
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting support for complex production integration incidents, as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive leadership and peers, including strong writing skills to draft and publish internal white/position papers, technical documentation, SOPs, architectural specifications, business cases, etc.
- Ability to operate effectively in a complex and dynamic working environment, ability to maintain focus on the big picture, ability to collect, digest and assemble information from various sources to enable relevant business analyses and facilitate decision-making
- Domestic travel up to 10% may be required in future
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
Masters degree and 6 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading Fortune 500 enterprises in the development and implementation of API and/or modern integration strategy (API led architecture), identifying and defining common integration design patterns, and creating and managing reusable integration components
- Minimum of 5 years IT experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, and/or manufacturing industries
- Minimum of 5 years experience coaching and leading technical staff
- Minimum of 3 years experience with integration, data management and messaging platforms, e.g. Mulesoft, Informatica, Databricks, Snowflake, Kafka, Snaplogic (active certifications preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing and optimizing integration solutions across all common integration styles batch, micro-batch, API, streaming, messaging, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing enterprise integration patterns, including when and how to apply them
- Minimum 2 years experience developing integration standards with business enablement platforms and applications such as AWS, Azure, SAP, Salesforce, Veeva, Workday
- Proficient in latest cloud and security architectures
- Enterprise software development experience, leveraging SDLC, Agile and DevOps practices
- Experience implementing Enterprise Data Lake and Enterprise Data Fabric integrations
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.