Enterprise Architect, Application Architecture
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us!
Enterprise Architecture are technology strategic thought leaders, helping to drive Amgens digital innovation ambitions. We align technology strategies to business imperatives, optimize the value of our technology investments and govern IT architecture standards and practices across the data, application, integration and infrastructure layers; creating value for our staff, our business partners, our shareholders and most importantly our patients.
As the stewards of the CIO information technology strategy (aka City Planning), we are at the forefront of digital innovation acceleration for Amgens manufacturing, commercial, drug research, clinical development and shared services organizations. Our thought leadership drives the awareness, education and implementation of City Planning principles and practices across our global technology communities, advancing Amgens position as a biopharma industry leader.
In this role, the Enterprise Architect - Application Architecture, will be accountable for the reference architectures, standards and practices of application architecture, the implementation of Amgens SDLC practice and enterprise application inventory management. The Enterprise Architect - Application Architecture is a part of Enterprise Architecture team in the Office of the CIO, and has the technical and leadership skills required to advance Amgens digital innovation goals, has in depth knowledge of application architecture best practices and industry trends and will collaborate closely with the Shared Services, Functional architecture and engineering communities to deliver world-class application architecture capabilities.
- Designing and implementing major aspects of the architecture of an application, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure, in conjunction with Software Engineering and Infrastructure teams.
- Providing technical leadership to the application development teams
- Performing design and code reviews
- Ensuring that uniform enterprise wide application design standards are maintained, including SDLC adherence.
- Collaborate with functional teams to ensure secure, reliable and scalable applications which are consistent with the Amgen Enterprise Architecture standards and practices, including developing proposals for review by the Enterprise Architecture Review Board.
- Support Chief Enterprise Architect and Senior Enterprise Architect as needed to deliver critical business imperatives.
- Domestic travel up to 10% may be required in the future
Masters degree and 3 years of Application Architecture experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Application Architecture experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Application Architecture experience
- 3 years experience implementing secure, scalable and reliable application architecture practices (preferably Fortune 500 enterprises, and/or 10,000+ employees)
- 3 years experience with implementing TOGAF architecture practices in large enterprises (preferably Fortune 500, and/or 10,000+ employees).
- 3 years experience implementing Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) standards in Life Sciences, Pharma or other regulated environments, including Secure Software Development (SSDLC)
- 2 years experience implementing application architecture standards in Life Sciences or Pharma industries
- 2 years experience with industry standard software development tools and a strong understanding of object-oriented design.
- 2 years experience with ITIL Service Management framework and TOGAF architecture frameworks (active certifications preferred)
- 2 years experience using Docker
- Strong documentation skills to write and publish internal white/position papers, technical documentation, SOPs, architectural specifications and business cases.
- Demonstrated ability to ideate, model and prototype software development to meet business requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate with leadership and with peers
- Ability to self-start and effectively operate within a complex and dynamic corporate environment
This role may be eligible for location and working hours flexibility, pending review and approval by Amgen Human Resources
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.