Senior Enterprise Architect, Test Automation
Enterprise Architecture are technology strategic thought leaders, helping to drive Amgens digital innovation ambitions. We align technology strategies to business imperatives, optimize the value of our technology investments and govern IT architecture standards and practices across the data, application, integration and infrastructure layers; creating value for our staff, our business partners, our shareholders and most importantly our patients.
As the stewards of the CIO information technology strategy (aka City Planning), we are at the forefront of digital innovation acceleration for Amgens manufacturing, commercial, drug research, clinical development and shared services organizations. Our thought leadership drives the awareness, education and implementation of City Planning principles and practices across our global technology communities, advancing Amgens position as a biopharma industry leader.
In this role, the Enterprise Architect - Test Automation Architecture, will be accountable for the advancement of Amgens enterprise test automation strategies, standards and practices, driving the automation of validated and non-validated software and system testing using Amgens DevOps framework. The position requires a candidate with excellent creative vision and a deep understanding of automated test engineering in a regulated environment, who can articulate and implement that vision across Amgens global architecture, software engineering and Quality/Compliance communities. The Enterprise Architect - Test Automation is a part of Enterprise Architecture team in the Office of the CIO, and has the technical and leadership skills required to advance Amgens digital innovation goals, has in depth knowledge of test automation products, best practices and industry trends and will collaborate closely with the Shared Services, Functional architecture and engineering communities to deliver world-class test automation capabilities.
- Accountable for ensuring usage and adherence with Amgens test automation standards and practices across the global architect and engineering communities.
- Support the build of a new end-to-end automated test service for the DevSecOps framework so it can programmatically test and meet FDA regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with Quality, Compliance and Software Engineering to implement and manage clear guidelines for validated and non-validated test engagement.
- Provide test expertise and consulting to other Amgen teams working to build automated testing for FDA validation for their applications.
- Effectively test using public cloud environments, including AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Collaborate with other test engineers, architects and platform teams at Amgen and help lead and evolve the best testing practices across our scientific and client teams.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
Masters degree and 5 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience implementing modernized and scalable test automation standards, best practices and principles in Fortune 500 enterprises.
- Minimum of 3 years experience testing web service technologies using automated DevSecOps frameworks with modern programming languages and application framework.
- 3+ years testing in an agile, TDD driven development environment using automated unit, acceptance, CI, and system testing shipping commercial software through at least one development lifecycle.
- 2+ years building custom test harnesses and frameworks that programmatically enable full-stack and end-to-end testing.
- Proficient using industry standard test automation tools including Selenium, AWS API and Command Line,.
- Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes/EKS cluster management for container orchestration.
- Working knowledge of security and encryption technologies, including SAML and OAuth.
- Experience using Jenkins and opensource test tools.
- Familiarity testing serverless computing and microservice functions.
- Domestic travel up to 10% may be required in the future.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.