Business Performance Senior Manager, Global Commercial Operations
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Amgen is seeking a Business Performance Senior Manager who will report directly to the Director, Business Performance in Global Commercial Operations (GCO).
Remote workers will be considered for this opportunity.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will lead or provide support for project and portfolio level components of GCO change initiative(s) focused on cross-functional workplace and technology transformation efforts. In this dynamic role you will drive improvement opportunities using project and change management toolkits, as well as developing and implementing comprehensive change strategies to transform the organization and enable it to adapt to business challenges. The Senior Manager will work to ensure the transformation efforts are implemented effectively and will be focused on supporting improved business performance, target achievement and strategic initiatives that are key to Amgens future performance.
- Provides leadership & support to cross-functional initiative working team and works to solve business problems using the Amgen's Full Potential [AFP] Methodology
- Leads Amgen's Full Potential Capability, Tool Support, Coaching and Application within GCO workplace & technology transformation initiatives by developing strong skills in application and facilitation of AFP methodology and tools
- Acts as a resource for use of AFP tools and methodology to solve business problems
- Guides initiative teams in driving innovative transformational thinking, ensuring fair process, escalating issues, and ensuring high quality deliverables in line with the AFP process
- Provides valuation and validation via business case support for teams to value ideas, options and investments (validation of results realized, methodology used, and long-term sustainability of improvements)
- Supports idea generation in functions to ensure a pipeline of ongoing projects and pending ideas to align with short- and long-term targets
- Provides tracking and reporting of project status as agreed upon by the results delivery office for corporate role up and review in addition to functional tracking as deemed necessary by the local functional leader
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will have the following qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of commercial and/or employee experience initiative experienceOr
Masters degree and 4 years of commercial and/or employee experience initiative experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of commercial and/or employee experience initiative experienceOr
Associate degree and 10 years of commercial and/or employee experience initiative experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and12 years of commercial and/or employee experience initiative experiencePreferred Qualifications:
5+ years of experience in Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical industry
5+ years of change management and communication planning and execution experience
3+ years of cross-functional consulting and/or project management experience
Strong presence with Senior Executives
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to storyline and prepare executive-level discussion documents
Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills
Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to influence different styles
Experience as a member of a high performing team
Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skillsThrive
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.