Director Global Program Management
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Director Global Program ManagementLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will work with cross-functional teams to support the Commercialization of Amgen products around the globe. To effectively serve patients, we build differentiated strategies to maximize the product value based on local insights.
Program Management consists of key members of cross-functional product and work package teams that shapes global & regional program strategies, leads risk and scenario planning, while driving implementation of integrated program plans through the utilization of the commercialization framework with work package teams.Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Builds differentiated implementation scenarios for integrated program strategies
- Directs and integrates program budget planning
- Leads strategy/planning workshops for PTs and Disease Areas (e.g., GPS)
- Leads development and management of Integrated Project Plan (IPP) in PPM and integrated risk registers & associated mitigation/contingency plans
- Leads development and management of internal program dashboards
- Leads development of internal/external communication plans (e.g., FM, press release)
- Develops partnership plans & drives overall partnership effectiveness in conjunction with PMT
- Leads ongoing integrated program budget
- Leads scenario and trade-off analysis for the program, incl. financials (HC, $), risks, impact
- Maps governance expectations and timing and ensures adherence to governance processes
- Ensures engagement of cross-functional organizational expertise in plan development
- Leads all aspects of creation/approval of commercialization deliverables
- PT/workstream meeting management (set agendas, create minutes, maintain decision logs)
- Advisor to GPGM on communication and team dynamics
- Develops and shares best practices and tools
- In partnership with Director of Program Management, oversee, mentor and develop Sr Project Managers and Project Managers
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Program Management experience in a Healthcare-related fieldOr
Masters degree and 8 years of Program Management experience in a Healthcare-related fieldOr
Bachelors degree and 10 years of Program Management experience in a Healthcare-related fieldPreferred Qualifications
- Cross-functional global Drug Development experience and knowledge of interdependencies is required to be successful in this role
- Broad understanding of organizational structure and capabilities
- Deep understanding of Amgen commercialization framework
- Strategic planning, execution and prioritization - integrating people/processes to achieve high performance
- Proactive risk assessment, management and mitigation
- Change management; ability to lead and thrive in ambiguous environment
- Formal training or certification in Project management methodologies and approaches
- Consistent track record of success in operationalizing and executing critical initiatives
- Executive presence across functions and across different levels of leadership
- Influencing without authority, understanding & addressing team dynamics
- Navigating within a matrix environment
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.