Business Development Senior Manager
Amgen is seeking a Business Development Sr. Manager to lead and contribute to the successful execution and implementation of Amgens external R&D and Business Development strategies by applying scientific and negotiating expertise to establish productive collaborations with external partners. The Sr. Manager will liaise with the internal R&D and Process Development teams to identify innovative opportunities and evaluate the scientific and technical merits, competitive outlook, and strategic fit of the licensing opportunities relative to Amgens needs and existing pipeline. Partners with multiple functional groups within Amgen, including legal and compliance, to negotiate and execute agreements in the areas of Oncology, Immunology, Cardiometabolic diseases, Neuroscience, and platform and enabling technologies for both large and small molecule drug development.
- Serve as one of key functional points of contacts for technology licensing to support R&D members and leadership to develop, implement and execute on the licensing strategy
- Plan, organize and lead appropriate meetings between Amgens R&D team/executives and the partners identify follow up items of potential significant value, with the guidance of R&D team, coordinate follow up discussions and execute appropriate agreements to enable productive collaboration
- Execute contracts by leading or participating in cross-functional negotiation and transaction activities
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and methodologies by ensuring the right team is supporting each activity
Amount of travel required: 10% to 25%
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Business Development or R&D experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Business Development or R&D experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Business Development or R&D experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Business Development or R&D experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Business Development or R&D experience
- PhD in life sciences
- 5+ years of industry experience either in R&D with strong technical backgroundand/or Business Development
- Scientific knowledge and understanding to identify and evaluate appropriate opportunities that are aligned with the internal R&D strategy
- Experience in project management and team leadership to effectively lead contract negotiation process with cross functional teams, including R&D, legal, Compliance
- Demonstrated ability to create and build relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a record of key accomplishments
- Effective communication skills, and ability to present to a wide range of audience,including senior executives
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.