Commercial Data Scientist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Commercial Data ScientistLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. As part of the Commercial Data Science team, the Data Scientist will lead projects and collaborate with business partners across global regions including commercial insights teams, brand teams, sales operations, data teams, external vendor partners, media agencies, service owners and IS peers to develop analytical models and insights across Amgens Global Commercial Organization to cater to answer/solve specific business problems. This role will lead the projects from the front and will be responsible for end to end execution of the advanced analytic projects. The Data Scientist will innovate and build business impact through the strategic use of advanced analytics techniques..
- Leading, using and developing data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence capabilities across Amgens Global commercial organization (across regions)
- Leading projects and be part of cross functional teams on projects and/or programs with aims to systematically derive insights that ultimately derive substantial business value for Amgen
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Identifying business needs, doing SWOT analysis, proposing potential analytical approaches for solutions, acquire approvals and the execute the work end to end.
- Building high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts using Python or R
- Leading, collaborating and communicating cross-functionally with internal partners to develop appropriate methodology to answer specific business questions
- Presenting analysis ideas, progress and results to business partners in clear and impactful manner
- Proficient in MS Office suite specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Adept in crafting clear and powerful presentations and stories using PPT slides
- Assuring compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as it relates to data assets
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The data science professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experienceOr
Associate degree and 10 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Physics, Statistics, or Operations Research
- Experience leading the projects and in executions of the projects end to end
- Experience with databases including relational, SQL, and Graph
- Programming experience with Python, R, or SAS and experience with ML libraries like scikitlearn, MLib, Keras, TensorFlow, Pytorch, etc.
- Write well-abstracted and reusable code in Python, R, or Scala; you freely navigate in Linux environment
- Detailed technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent organization/planning skills and talent for managing many large and complex datasets
- Ability to collaborate and influence business partners and other IS resources to drive analytic projects end-to-end
- Excellent communication skills to communicate analysis in a clear, precise manner
- Experience working with large datasets, experience working with distributed computing tools (Spark, Hive, etc.)
- Passion for learning and staying on top of current developments in advanced analytics
- Biotech / Pharma industry experience
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.